Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just purchased a 2015 Kia Forte LX and am in love with everything besides the speakers (I had a Nissan previously with Bose speakers so my ears are not happy with the downgrade!). I have never installed speakers before and am not interested in replacing the head unit, just building better sound quality with speakers and or an amp. I was wondering where I should start.

I just want my bass to sound good and have more dynamic sound.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
As far as I know, they are just 6.5” speakers in the doors. Get on Crutchfield or another website like that and you can put in your car and get exact upgrades that will fit that should give a nice boost in clarity and bass. Also while you have the door panels off adding some sound deadening foam/tape will help with both road noise and better bass

·
Registered
219 Posts
My post here shows details of upgrading all 4 door speakers, along with adding a sub and separate amps to power everything. Replacing the speakers is pretty easy. Adding an amp will get more involved.

2014 Forte5 UVO stereo upgrade

I initially went with these speakers:
  • Hertz Audio DSK 165.3 6.5" 2-way component speakers (front)
  • Hertz Audio DCX 165.3 6.5" coaxial speakers (rear)
They are huge improvements over the stock speakers. I recently upgraded the front speakers to much higher end Hertz Mille MPK165P.3 6.5" 2-way component speakers.

The factory service manual is a must when doing anything like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts