1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
427 Posts
when did a clutch kit come out for the forte?
Will an upgrade eliminate the soft engagement point of the clutch, or only increase the horsepower tolerance?

·
Registered
973 Posts
When I get started on this car, I'm going to buy an suv for a DD and send my transaxle off to have the gears and synchros coated. Luckily I have a connection and I'm getting it done FO FREE! lol my uncle manages a company that coats internals and gears for alot of race teams
From what he told me it will make it slicker to shift, instead of having to push it into 1st and 2nd, and also will heat and strength treat it. Dunno about the internals on this trans but considering how strong they built our engine internals I would think the trans wouldn't be a weak point!
Cant wait to hear more as you go along, keep us updated man

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well crock hard to say for sure about our car yet but,

I've heard of guys building mitshu eclipse cars with nearly 400hp and keeping stock trasaxle together.
I mention that because this transaxle for our koup seem very simular, in most respects.

it should be ok just shift carefully ;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Coreytate - nice contact to have :) The new 2011 Fortes are said to have thermally coated pistons. Whether its coatings or cryogenics there very interesting.

As we watch the KIA/Kinetic230bhp Koupe after its been through kinematics & compliance machine to calc suspension & chassis stiffness. The 2 big areas their hoping to address this season is engine & transmission.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your info guys. I will continue to do some research and contact them tomorrow. A stage 3 on a dd does sounds bad expecially in traffic omg. Stage 2 woukd be the choice i will just be limited on how much power i can push. I will see if i could stay around the 350 range

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
clutchmasters doesn't even have a kia category im not going to bother lol. at least ACT does i will contact them tomorrow you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.