Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my windshield replaced, the previous one split from a stone chip.

The glass place beat the hell out of the interior plastic on the A pillar and didn't bother telling me, i noticed it as soon as I sat inside. they are going to replace that, but also noticed the glass doesn't appear to be where it should be. the glass itself sits a bit higher than the lip of the roof, and the gap between them looks huge. I don't remember having to blot water out of a chasm at the top of the windshield when i washed my car..

Just looking for some comparison pictures to see if they messed that up as well. google image searchine and video walkarounds in youtube didn't produce anything clear enough or close enough to compare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm headed in now. Late getting in. Kept us offshore longer than expected. I'll get you some pictures. Yeah I see the gap you're talking about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay. There is definitely an issue with your windshield fit. Here's my 2016 Forte 5 EX. I hope this helps get you some closure and compensation. It's like it's a crime to get what you pay for. I pay for services to be rendered, satisfactorily. Take care. Let me know if I can help you any further.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Forte5 GT Limited
8 Posts
Is that original or aftermarket glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's the glass that came with my car. It was an older woman that had the car. Not a scratch on it. Still had the new car smell. 24k miles when I got it for $10k even.

·
Registered
2020 Forte5 GT Limited
8 Posts
Sorry I was asking the OP, I’m asking if the glass that you had installed is aftermarket or OEM? If it’s aftermarket then it will never fit to your car 100%; that’s unfortunately just the way it is. If it’s an OEM glass then take it back to where you had it installed and have them to do it again. Glass is held onto the car by urethane, hence why your a pillar trim is messed up because the old glass needs to be literally cut out of the car and it’s challenging to do without messing the interior trim up. If it is infact OE glass, then it wasn’t installed properly so go back to them and make them reinstall it.
Also if you have lane keep assist in your car then the camera is mounted in front of your rear view mirror. If the glass is aftermarket, then it may potentially causes problems with the system as it would be either a different rake on the glass or the seal between the glass and the actual camera may not be flush.
One more thing, if you do have lane keep and if the glass is aftermarket then I would highly advise you to have the camera recalibrated. I’ve seen it time and time again where aftermarket glass is installed without calibrating the camera, so the camera is now looking through a different type of glass, which often causes the lane keep to either barely work or rendering it useless. Calibration will either have to be done at a reputable mechanic or glass shop, or the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's not my post. I'm not having glass fit problems. Ragnabrok is the one who had the glass fit. I'm just showing him my pictures so he has something to compare it to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies!

Not OEM glass, and no lane keep tech on this car.
popped into a dealer to get them to take a glance. tech there said it's kinda sloppy install, but shouldn't be an issue with leaks or anything.
glass replacement was covered by insurance, i just paid the deductible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problem. On my way home going through Houston early in the AM I hit what looked like a cardboard box. It put a hole in my LeBra and ripped that rubber plastic skirting on the front clip. Sucks. I put screws in the black rubber and I'm going to do some patching and stitching on the bra

1 - 12 of 12 Posts