Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,837 Posts
If Kia is they sure are keeping a lid on it. Maybe they are but don't want to affect Forte sales now -- people waiting for the turbo if they do make one instead of buying now...on the other hand NOT openly talking about it prevents people from making plans on getting one too.
I'll wait until I see something official from Kia about a turbo Forte...otherwise we can speculate about V6s in the Forte too...just as time-wasting...

·
Registered
769 Posts
honestly id rather do aftermarket with a turbo.. theres better results BUT youd keep the warranty on a factory turbo. Unless, youre good like me and have connections with a dealership thatll honor the warranty :D

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
honestly id rather do aftermarket with a turbo.. theres better results BUT youd keep the warranty on a factory turbo. Unless, youre good like me and have connections with a dealership thatll honor the warranty :D
LiveReckless you lucky bast....... ;)

OEM forte turbo will have a smaller displament engine than the 2010 SX. Pretty sure they will turbo the 1.6L and add GDI to it. Their main target will be around 200-220HP and improving MPG.
Good MPG # sell more and more car these days!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Actually I think it would be the same engine as the Genesis (considering its a Theta II 2.0T and all the engineering is already done for them lol)

·
Registered
645 Posts
I would also think they would put a 1.6 or a 1.8(if it exist)GDI,they would probably think that 276 hp is to much for the Forte.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I heard rumors of kia coming out with a 2l turbo for the koup in feb our march but I doubt it. the thing is they don't want the koup competing with the turbo'd optima. Only time will tell. And again the optima will be the 2l

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I heard rumors of kia coming out with a 2l turbo for the koup in feb our march but I doubt it. the thing is they don't want the koup competing with the turbo'd optima. Only time will tell. And again the optima will be the 2l
They aren't going to do a mid year model change for the Forte. So I think the soonest we would see it would be the '12 models.

I don't think it will happen for the Forte though. Our car really is not a performance car for the Kia brand. I know a lot of us want it to be; especially us Koup owners. But...

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
IMO, they'll drop in the 2.4GDI before they be offering a turbo-charged motor in the Forte line-up.

I certainly wouldn't mind a naturally aspirated 2.4L 200hp direct injection motor.
I suspect it'll most likely be more fuel efficient too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts