Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I don't know if any of you watch speed channel, but this coming sunday at 1 is the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. It is a pretty cool racing series, and there are two Koups in it:cool:. I don't know if anybody else out here is like me or not, but seeing the Koup racing is pretty sweet.
Just a little FYI for anyone who likes racing

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's pretty sweet. i caught a couple races of it, but that was around a month ago. i haven't seen it in their line up. me and my brother were watching some AMA Superbikes yesterday and i figured i would see whats on tap for the weekend, and sure enough there it was. cant wait:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Kinetic Koups are awesome! I saw them race at the Bosch 200 Weekend at VIR and a few weeks later went out and bought my koup. They look, sound, and perform pretty damn well on the track... going up against mazdaspeed's, Mini Coopers, Porsche Boxsters, BMW 328 & 330's, VW GTI's, Civic Si's and I believe an RX8. Def. check it out!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
do they run on the same engines and stuff we do? or do they have custom performance parts specifically for the vehicle... possibly a stupid question but i really am curious lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
From their website;

"Street Tuner - ST
The Street Tuner (ST) class features a variety of sports cars and high-performance compacts that are as equally popular with Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge competitors as they are with today's consumers. Unlike the bigger GS class where V-8s are allowed, ST is limited to four- and six-cylinder engines, although turbocharged and supercharged models are permitted. Engines produce between 170 and 240 horsepower depending on the car, while minimum weights range from 2,200 lbs. to 3,125 lbs. Fuel tank capacities range from 16.9 to 17.9 gallons. Popular models in the ST class include the Mazda RX-8, Mazda MX-5, Chevrolet Cobalt SS, Acura TSX, Subaru Legacy, Mini Cooper S, BMW Z4 and Volkswagen GTI. Like the GS class, the only major modifications allowed in ST are in the area of safety. Top speed for ST race cars is about 135 mph."
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts