Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably an unusual subject...but I've found too many spiders in my car for comfort, mostly in the past few weeks, just today I found 2! And I've been seeing web-strands for several days the past 2 weeks, on the steering wheel, the front windshield and the rear. It's really starting to get annoying. I'm not deathly afraid of them, but I still don't want them in my car! I heard eucalyptus leaves are a good deterrent for spiders. Short of bug-bombing my car, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you park near trees or tall bushes? If so, stop. As for getting rid of them I don't know. Did you tree and google "spiders in car"
There are trees by my apartment, but I really don't ever park by them, same thing at work, I park on the far side of the parking lot (its an industrial area, so there are no trees anywhere around really). I did google it, and am continuing my research, so far, besides bug-bombing my car, I heard baking soda and eucalyptus leaves, and anything citrus-y they don't like.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Get a pet lizard! Ha! JK. I have trees all around my house and spiders are everywhere! They don't get in my Koup but they get in my sons' car and he freaks out! I don't know of any safe home remedies to use to keep them out of your car. Until you find something, the best thing to do is just keep plenty of tissues in your car (to squash them suckers!) and try not to wreck when they surprise you while your driving down the road!:eek:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
It's that time of the year, where they are starting to seek shelter as it's getting cooler out. I have the occasional little white spider crawling across the windshield. As long as it's not those Brown Recluse spiders, they have a nasty bite and leave a nasty wound.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
AHH SPIDERS!! DDDDDD; I'd hide in my room until someone got them out of my car.... Lol that's the only thing I'm scared of....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I actually saw a spider in my car today for the first time. Rolled the window down and the sucker flew on the highway :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I am going to try eucalyptus leaves and keep plenty of tissues in my car. I am hoping they aren't nesting in the vents or somewhere that is hard to access, but on the bright side winter is coming, that should kill them off for sure. I don't know how the hot summer didn't kill them all! I swear with the all-black interior and leather....it was an oven, I could have barbecued in there!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Crickets eat spiders just add a few crickets, they sound nice too at night ...LOL much better to have crickets than spiders in the car...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Could add under your mods:

ATTACK SPIDER SECURITY SYSTEM (BLACK WIDOW)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Spiders will become cannibalistic when there are no bugs available. Since you didn't say you had bug problems, I recommend keeping all food and water sources out of your vehicle (throw that old cup of coffee away). Then, when you do see the spiders, leave them. They will eat each other until all you have left is one really big spider. When you see that spider, squish it and you're done.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Spiders will become cannibalistic when there are no bugs available. Since you didn't say you had bug problems, I recommend keeping all food and water sources out of your vehicle (throw that old cup of coffee away). Then, when you do see the spiders, leave them. They will eat each other until all you have left is one really big spider. When you see that spider, squish it and you're done.
I love this plan. LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts