1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
It should be easy if you have a drill and basic knowledge.

Al it takes are a couple of holes.
They give you a template,
you tape the template to your car,
the template has holes,
you drill where the holes are.
pop open the trunk
Remove inside lining
place the spoiler on the trunk and bolt it down. using the given bolts
admire your finished jobs.

Thats a basic idea of what you're gonna go through, the only hard parts where you might mess up is tapping the template crooked, or drilling too big of holes.

Just one thing you might wanna check, check with other members about reviews on Carid.com i think some people might have had bad experiences, i am not sure if it was carid, but its worth double checking

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, noodile. this doesn't void the warranty? i assume not. but i guess the instructions will tell you how to hook up the wires for the light.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
For the wires, they're gonna tell you to splice them, i kinda hate splicing so i go for the easy way. You're gpnna have to run the wire to one of your existing brake light wires. (whether the third brake light, or you can pick the from one of the tail lights, once you find it, just use a Vampire Tap, squeeze, and you're done. No splicing needed.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,139 Posts
If I buy this spoiler , can it be done by me or can I bring it to a Kia Dealership?

Custom Style - Lighted Rear Spoiler (2DR) - 2010 Kia Forte Spoiler

thanks
Noodile gave you some good advice, how are your skills? Have you done anything like this before? The only "affect" on your warranty would be if you have water leaks in your trunk or have damage to your trunk lid -- either would be attributed to your spoiler install -- unless you pay the dealership to do it -- in that case they would honor the warranty.

Is it possible to do it yourself -- yes, but you may need to buy additional tools -- special drill bits or hole saws. I installed the Sportwing Koup spoiler on my Koup and needed to buy a 5/8 inch hole saw to cut the holes needed on the underside of the trunk (in addition to the holes on the top). Make SURE you follow the instructions! Since the spoiler is pretty much a permanent addition -- I highly recommend you solder the wiring for the spoiler's third brake light -- you don't need to worry about loose connections or corrosion that way.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for both of your answers. I got splash guards for christmas. I installed them myself with the help of my dad. so i don't really have special skills. haha

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm actually debating whether to get this or the factory style spoiler seen on kia.com

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,139 Posts
my .02: Get the factory spoiler -- made for the car. It is unique and not just a knock-off of other spoilers out there.

I like the sportwing spoiler and got it long before Kia came out with theirs...looks good but it resembles other spoilers on some Hondas and Neons. A lot of people like the "SI" style spoiler -- but, of course, it resembles the spoiler on the SI...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi guys, i've just received this spoiler that I bought a few weeks ago. I am planning to install it this evening, anything special I should bear in mind when doing so? The material is flexible although quality of the paint could have been much better... advices are most welcomed.

Will post pics once its done.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts