Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Kia Forte that had 2 brake lights die the other day. I replaced the driver side no problem but noticed something strange. My spoiler light is out and there is no wiring for a rear window light. Its almost as if Kia decided I can have either a spoiler or a rear window brake light. Not sure if its going to cause issues when its time to get inspected but back to the problem. I can't seem to find any information about a new light assembly for the spoiler. Anyone know where I can go to find one or if there are tests I can try to make sure its actually the light. My car has the extended warranty so if its something major I might as well take advantage.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a 2013 Kia Forte that had 2 brake lights die the other day. I replaced the driver side no problem but noticed something strange. My spoiler light is out and there is no wiring for a rear window light. Its almost as if Kia decided I can have either a spoiler or a rear window brake light. Not sure if its going to cause issues when its time to get inspected but back to the problem. I can't seem to find any information about a new light assembly for the spoiler. Anyone know where I can go to find one or if there are tests I can try to make sure its actually the light. My car has the extended warranty so if its something major I might as well take advantage.
The spoiler is not factory if is a sedan, it is either an aftermarket or a dealer installed accessory, may not be covered under your warranty. On the other hand the hatch spoiler is factory.

Pat.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Its likely the dealer optioned one. I had it. Many others also. The light is available on ebay and via dealer. And fwiw any dealer installed option is covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. I'll give the dealer a call today and see what they say. If not, I guess its off to ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a site called www.spoilerlights.com that will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts