Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/ GT2 Package
9 Posts
From looking at your picture above, I think it is very doable to attach this wing to your Forte with minimum modification to the wing.
If you can purchase this wing from a dealer that will let you return, you might just want to buy it and dry fit it to see if this will work.
There are 2 area that I am a bit concern on:
1. The trunk lid for Forte is very flat vs the Civic. I am not clear if the 2 attaching points of the wing is fitted to the flat part of the civic trunk or the contour part. I hope that the 2 attaching point of the wing also follow the same flat surface of the Forte trunk. If not, it will not sit flat to the trunk due to wrong angle. You might have grind it down to match the angle and the Forte flat trunk.
2. More importantly is the wind aerodynamic load for the wing. You want to make sure you beef up your trunk at the 2 points where you attach this wing. If not, when you driving fast, due to the wind pressure/load, it could deform your trunk lid or worse, the wing might detach from your trunk and fly off. That is one big wing there.
Post a picture if you decided to install it in your car. Goodluck.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I like that one, but I was actually thinking of one a little smaller to not run into that aero issue. Airdesign makes a lip spoiler for the 3rd gen forte, but it’s not the same. It doesn’t bolt on. It used an adhesive to attach at the corner of the trunk lid(above)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 81385

I like that one, but I was actually thinking of one a little smaller to not run into that aero issue. Airdesign makes a lip spoiler for the 3rd gen forte, but it’s not the same. It doesn’t bolt on. It used an adhesive to attach at the corner of the trunk lid(above)
Okay thank you. Im still thinking if im gonna put spoiler or not

·
Registered
210 Posts
Try to find a local shop that has that in stock and test fit it. Unless someone has done it there's too much speculation.
Sometimes when I go car shopping I'll check out what aftermarket parts are available for it. The Forte isn't exactly a hot ticket item like the Civic, i30, or Veloster, so mods for it are little. In fact most mods for the Forte are mods for the other models that just happen to fit the Forte as well.
Otherwise if you have the money just gonna have to experiment to see what fits and what doesn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try to find a local shop that has that in stock and test fit it. Unless someone has done it there's too much speculation.
Sometimes when I go car shopping I'll check out what aftermarket parts are available for it. The Forte isn't exactly a hot ticket item like the Civic, i30, or Veloster, so mods for it are little. In fact most mods for the Forte are mods for the other models that just happen to fit the Forte as well.
Otherwise if you have the money just gonna have to experiment to see what fits and what doesn't.
I saw post here that has a mugen wing its a forte GT though so i was asking him if he did something to the spoiler to fit it. Btw thank you i might just go with a lip spoiler

·
Registered
210 Posts
I saw post here that has a mugen wing its a forte GT though so i was asking him if he did something to the spoiler to fit it. Btw thank you i might just go with a lip spoiler
I would have gotten this if the damn GT deck lid spoiler didn't leave behind x5 square holes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts