Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok searching through the forum and couldn't find an answer to this. I am looking at a spoiler but would ideally want the dealership to order and install. The reason for this is the quality. I have seen many spoilers paint not match or installed badly etc. I am also a little worried about the fact that sometimes as spoilers are different material they fade a lot quicker than the car and possibly chip etc.

For ease of this I was thinking about the lip spoiler that they say is ready pointed to the OEM color. Anyone done this? It seems to be applied with double sided tape. Does this hurt the finish at all when you remove it?

Thanks in advance
MG

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i have the BRIGHT lip spoiler on my white koup and it already comes painted. shark racing uses the color codes of our cars for paint so it'll be an exact match. as far as the the 3m tape messing up the finish, im gunna say no because it doenst contain chemicals that should mess it up but i could be wrong. im not sure if a dealer is gunna be thrilled about ordering a aftermarket spoiler because they want you to buy theirs but its worth a shot. the lip spoiler that i have took maybe 10 or 15 min to instal and it was due to the fact that i lined it up and taped the edges to make sure it was str8 before actually putting it on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped by KIA today and an older KIA rolled by. The spoiler was the only part of the car that paint had faded and had chips all over it etc and is a factory spoiler. Think I am going to pass on one afterall

MG

·
Registered
165 Posts
He probably bought the spoiler off an older car and installed it himself. I can't make any garuntees on that, but thats what it sounds like.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
I stopped by KIA today and an older KIA rolled by. The spoiler was the only part of the car that paint had faded and had chips all over it etc and is a factory spoiler. Think I am going to pass on one afterall

MG
IF, by seeing one car, you make up your mind that easy...you're in for a lot of disappointments in life...LoL.

All but one Kia I have owned have had spoilers...none of them lost their paint quality on the spoilers. Remember, many of the cars do not come from the factory with a spoiler...the dealers install them -- and usually they are painted by a shop the dealer deals with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts