Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2020 KIA Forte gt 6 speed and it has the sport mode button. The button is nice for pedal response and all, but I don't like the fake noise that comes with the sport mode. Does the fake noise come from the speakers or the intake? I am certain that it comes from the speakers and if it does is there a way to remove the sound? I don't see anything in the options menu or settings. Is there a way to contact KIA and ask them to disable the noise?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently purchased a 2020 KIA Forte gt 6 speed and it has the sport mode button. The button is nice for pedal response and all, but I don't like the fake noise that comes with the sport mode. Does the fake noise come from the speakers or the intake? I am certain that it comes from the speakers and if it does is there a way to remove the sound? I don't see anything in the options menu or settings. Is there a way to contact KIA and ask them to disable the noise?
The exhaust is the exhaust love it or hate it.. .start the car cold and go to back of your car and you will hear the exhaust sound actually coming from sport tuned exhaust system on the 20 GT 1.6t, I have dual clutch 7spd and I don't care for the stock sport tuned exhaust sound either, but it is what it is....look up Evilla motorsports they have a system. Good luck Buddy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the exhaust that is making the extra noise, it is pumped in audio of some sorts. I absolutely love the standard noise from the exhaust, love the crackles and pops on cold starts. But there is a noticeable increase in noise when holding the pedal to the floor and switching from normal mode to sport mode. There are no electronic baffles in the exhaust system from what i could see that could cause the increase in noise. It doesn't change anything under the car only in the cabin. The only other thing that it could be is the PCM changing some settings physically making it louder. I doubt that is the case because I notice that the Veloster turbo and KIA Sportage with the same engine have pumped in audio of some sort making the exhaust appear louder when in sport mode.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the ticket. I have the part number off of it (29610-K9100). I looked it up on KIA parts catalog and it comes up as an electric actuator. I spoke with a KIA dealership parts department and they stated that it is the sound generator for sport mode. I then spoke with the service department and they stated that it cannot be programmed out because it is built with the "fake sound" and it is not at all able to be removed even if it was unplugged. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me because I unplugged it and there was no "fake noise" when in sport mode. No check engine light or codes pop up on the dash. There is going to be an active code in the system for the sound generator, but it will not harm the engine or affect performance.

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
I then spoke with the service department and they stated that it cannot be programmed out because it is built with the "fake sound" and it is not at all able to be removed even if it was unplugged.
That's ridiculous that they'd say that the sound can't be removed EVEN IF it's UNPLUGGED. Ha! Must be magic. :) It'll be totally fine to unplug it and would be surprised if doing so triggered a CEL.

Glad to hear you were able to get rid of the fake noise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't care about the noise, Sport Mode does make more power, I have proof from my dyno pulls. Focus ST had a similar system, I only deleted mine because I needed a vacuum source for my BOV that I was forced to install because I upgraded to a much bigger Garrett turbo.

You will have to do the same on the Forte GT since it uses a similar Borg Warner K03 turbo. Unless you opt for a Borg Warner EFR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Small Rant -

For a community that likes to add intakes when it's not clear if it's needed and BOV's for additional noise making I find it very interesting you want to unplug the pipped in intake noises.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Small Rant -

For a community that likes to add intakes when it's not clear if it's needed and BOV's for additional noise making I find it very interesting you want to unplug the pipped in intake noises.
Not everyone fits into that box though right? OP doesn't. I've seen a lot of older dudes who just want a fun car without breaking the bank standing next to and driving in these cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's interesting because if you install an intake it creates an intake air rushing noise, but the fact that it's pipped into the car is wrong and needs to be unplugged?

Tork Motorsports clearly laid out why adding an intake to 2019-up 1.6T Gamma powered cars and other typical turbo car mods will cause boost fluctuations and no usable gain in power.

In is just adding more noise without a tune.

I am not concerned about the dudes that appear at Cars & Coffee. I drag race; I think I can get the car to do the impossible it takes thinking outside the box rather than replacing parts and creating a stockpile of used parts.

No pronouncements, no claims just data.

I wouldn't say anything if it wasn't a trend that I can see right through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small Rant -

About the whole removing "piped in intake noises" for the heck of it, There is no piped in intake noise to remove. It is a sound box that receives an electrical signal when in sport mode and it vibrates making the car feel more sporty. It is annoying knowing that it's not real noise coming from the engine. So to say that the community is adding all of these items that "make more noise" is irrelevant. The intake makes real noise, the bov makes real noise, an exhaust makes real noise. It does not matter that adding a bov that vents to the atmosphere could create more turbo lag or that an intake without a tune doesnt add any more hp to your car. I like the sound of them and many others do as well, so I, along with many other people, will add them to our vehicles. But I will not keep a fake noise module on my car because it adds nothing to my driving experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Real noise as it adds "Powa", when in reality on these cars adds "Intake Noise" real or imagined isn't shouldn't matter.

The BOV makes a "I gotta turbo" noise otherwise adds no usable performance to the car. Watch MotiveDVD's channel on YouTube, when you hear a BOV that's a car that's generating enough power to really need one IE making 500-1,500 hp with a turbo spinning at 140,000+ rpm and slamming the throttle shut.

Exhaust in this era of mostly Gen Z modding cars for crackles and pops like Rally cars only you're not driving a rally car.

What is really provocative is Sixth Element offers a tune without any performance benefit but adds crackles and pops.

I would agree that it might not add to the driving experience but neither does anything you mentioned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Real noise as it adds "Powa", when in reality on these cars adds "Intake Noise" real or imagined isn't shouldn't matter.

The BOV makes a "I gotta turbo" noise otherwise adds no usable performance to the car. Watch MotiveDVD's channel on YouTube, when you hear a BOV that's a car that's generating enough power to really need one IE making 500-1,500 hp with a turbo spinning at 140,000+ rpm and slamming the throttle shut.

Exhaust in this era of mostly Gen Z modding cars for crackles and pops like Rally cars only you're not driving a rally car.

What is really provocative is Sixth Element offers a tune without any performance benefit but adds crackles and pops.

I would agree that it might not add to the driving experience but neither does anything you mentioned.
I really think you are missing the point bud, this is a post about fake noise. And the issue was resolved. Talking about intakes and bov and all the "dyno" pulls and how sport mode actually makes "more" power does not matter. This was made to address the fake noise when in sport mode, nothing more. Maybe go into a bov or intake section of these forums and talk about this stuff there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts