Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed on my 2017 forte lx manual that there is a light for the sport mode but I can't figure out how to turn it on. If anyone could help that would be great!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
What do you mean "a light"? Where do you see this light? Do you mean the Sport Mode for shifting or do you mean the Drive Mode (Normal -> ECO -> Sport)?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Okay, that's the Drive Mode. Have you read your owners manual? Specifically pages 5-61 and 5-62? There's a button next to the shifter that says "Drive Mode"

That is, if your car has that option. It may not have that option and the light you see if there because it's the same instrument cluster used for cars with that option as well as without out it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, that's the Drive Mode. Have you read your owners manual? Specifically pages 5-61 and 5-62? There's a button next to the shifter that says "Drive Mode"

That is, if your car has that option. It may not have that option and the light you see if there because it's the same instrument cluster used for cars with that option as well as without out it.
There is no drive mode button but I figured if it's there it has to have a purpose

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There is no drive mode button but I figured if it's there it has to have a purpose
Okay, that's the Drive Mode . . . if your car has that option. It may not have that option and the light you see if there because it's the same instrument cluster used for cars with that option as well as without out it.
They just don't make different instrument panels for every trim. So you can see some unused options.
Lots of extra lights that are there based on different trim levels. My 2006 Hyundai Tucson 2.7L gasoline V6 FWD has lights for the glow plugs and fuel filter for a diesel engine (not even available in the US) and had the light for 4WD lock even though it was FWD only. And my 2011 Tucson is a mid-level model without fog lights but the indicator for the fog lights is still in the cluster.

Reactions: mechanizeddeath

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sport Mode

I just noticed on my 2017 forte lx manual that there is a light for the sport mode but I can't figure out how to turn it on. If anyone could help that would be great!!
My Sport Mode button is located just to the left of the automatic transmission shift handle. Just keep hitting the button until it cycles into Sport Mode, which you can see on your dash light in front of you. Works well.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My Sport Mode button is located just to the left of the automatic transmission shift handle. Just keep hitting the button until it cycles into Sport Mode, which you can see on your dash light in front of you. Works well.
Did you read the whole thread or just the first post?

Reactions: mechanizeddeath

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is for the flex-steer. It has normal, comfort and sport mode. And it does show in the space between the two 'triangles' for the indicator. Eco shows in the tach.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
This is for the flex-steer. It has normal, comfort and sport mode. And it does show in the space between the two 'triangles' for the indicator. Eco shows in the tach.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Whole thread, thanks for asking. Apparently, you selectively read the thread. He has a manual. This feature of Eco, normal and Sport applies to all 2017 models with an automatic transmission.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Whole thread, thanks for asking. Apparently, you selectively read the thread. He has a manual. This feature of Eco, normal and Sport applies to all 2017 models with an automatic transmission.
Yes, which is why he can't turn it on and just sees it as a grayed out option. It just shares the same instrument cluster. The flexsteer indicator only shows up when you are actually changing it. It's a digital display, not a light you can see when it is not on.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You are the one with selective reading. I asked if you read the whole THREAD, not the whole POST. You see, if you had read all the posts in the entire thread you would have seen the OP's question was answered 3 months ago. But thanks for repeating the answer.

Posted: 05-08-2017, 07:44 PM

Posted: 05-08-2017, 07:51 PM
What do you mean "a light"? Where do you see this light? Do you mean the Sport Mode for shifting or do you mean the Drive Mode (Normal -> ECO -> Sport)?

Posted: 05-08-2017, 07:58 PM
on the dash above the right turn signal light

Posted: 05-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Posted: 05-08-2017, 08:30 PM

Posted: 05-09-2017, 02:20 AM
They just don't make different instrument panels for every trim. So you can see some unused options.

Posted: 05-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Lots of extra lights that are there based on different trim levels. My 2006 Hyundai Tucson 2.7L gasoline V6 FWD has lights for the glow plugs and fuel filter for a diesel engine (not even available in the US) and had the light for 4WD lock even though it was FWD only. And my 2011 Tucson is a mid-level model without fog lights but the indicator for the fog lights is still in the cluster.

·
Registered
249 Posts
And a Good Morning to you, too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put the shifter into drive then move to the left to access + and - sport mode I believe keep in mind I’m a new driver and barely know what I’m talking about lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts