·
Registered
696 Posts
Where were these spotted at?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is the site where I found them. Now I have done some homework, these are projectors retrofitted into the stock headlight. You can buy the projectors off e-bay and do this...there are even videos to guide you.

There are other cool things in this link so lookie-lookie. I like the mini shark fin.

Làm ??p Kia Forte

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
i like the headlight on the site but the led strip looks to huge and spaced out

·
Registered
746 Posts
Soar4fun, when reading through it appears they are importing or purchasing from Signapore. The projectors, I wonder if its a retrofit.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That looks good, retroffiting is really not that difficult and neither the electric part, i have retrofit my Rio and soon i'll retrofit my brother forte. The only thing to keep in mind is the dimensions of the projector and keep it in level so you dont blind the heck out of people :p

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I
That looks good, retroffiting is really not that difficult and neither the electric part, i have retrofit my Rio and soon i'll retrofit my brother forte. The only thing to keep in mind is the dimensions of the projector and keep it in level so you dont blind the heck out of people :p

There are many youtube videos on how to do this and yes they are retro'ed.

Btw....you can keep the standard led strips... UFO rocks as they are different and better in my opinion.

Also the turn signals would look awesome with the UFO singles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't wait till they come out with projectors for Koup's!!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
guys .. you want projectors .. look up OMG_SO_COOL_CAR on ebay.. they have plug and play bixenon projectors ..

as far as the spacing of the LED's thats actually about as far as the audi leds are spaced .. audi leds are 23MM's apart if i remember correctly.. (basically 1")

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guys .. you want projectors .. look up OMG_SO_COOL_CAR on ebay.. they have plug and play bixenon projectors ..

as far as the spacing of the LED's thats actually about as far as the audi leds are spaced .. audi leds are 23MM's apart if i remember correctly.. (basically 1")
Yeah, but you don't want the g1's You want to make sure you get the G3's because they fit the reflector better.

Here is a nice thread on the g20 forum as to the installation, aiming, and fitment of this product.

P11 Bi-xenon HID projector retrofit - G20.net - Forums

Since it's DIY and easy I might end up doing this along with the UFOs leds. I want slim ballast and have seen the projectors only sub $100.00.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had them professionally retrofitted, it wasn't a kit. I had the housings blacked out, and the projectors used were S2000's. Total cost for everything was around $1,300, I believe.
Wow! That's expensive--but looks great. I Plan to be out the door under 500.00 with LEDs and R8 UFOs.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah, but you don't want the g1's You want to make sure you get the G3's because they fit the reflector better.

Here is a nice thread on the g20 forum as to the installation, aiming, and fitment of this product.

P11 Bi-xenon HID projector retrofit - G20.net - Forums

Since it's DIY and easy I might end up doing this along with the UFOs leds. I want slim ballast and have seen the projectors only sub $100.00.
the first first one is based off of BMW projectors.. the second ones are based on e55 projectors.. regardless of which ones you get though.. make sure you paint the reflector housing around the projector or you WILL have bleed over

further more .. Idk how HID planet got such a shitty picture with the G1's my G1's are definitely brighter then that

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah, the whole headlight is going black with the exception of the high beam. The LED turn signal/parking light inserts provide enough chrome of their own!

I will be going with the e46 shrouds. I love the natural dotted halo around them. It's like having a smaller angel eye in a bigger LED circle--drooling. Time to get my DIY on...who knows maybe someone will want me to make a set for them... :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts