Kia Forte Forum banner

Spotted--Projector Lamps for the Sedan!

8K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  elecblue06 
#1 ·
Man, these would be great with some LED inserts!

See less See more
#2 ·
Where were these spotted at?

#9 ·
That looks good, retroffiting is really not that difficult and neither the electric part, i have retrofit my Rio and soon i'll retrofit my brother forte. The only thing to keep in mind is the dimensions of the projector and keep it in level so you dont blind the heck out of people :p

#12 ·
I can't wait till they come out with projectors for Koup's!!!!

#14 ·
guys .. you want projectors .. look up OMG_SO_COOL_CAR on ebay.. they have plug and play bixenon projectors ..

as far as the spacing of the LED's thats actually about as far as the audi leds are spaced .. audi leds are 23MM's apart if i remember correctly.. (basically 1")

#15 ·
guys .. you want projectors .. look up OMG_SO_COOL_CAR on ebay.. they have plug and play bixenon projectors ..

as far as the spacing of the LED's thats actually about as far as the audi leds are spaced .. audi leds are 23MM's apart if i remember correctly.. (basically 1")
Yeah, but you don't want the g1's You want to make sure you get the G3's because they fit the reflector better.

Here is a nice thread on the g20 forum as to the installation, aiming, and fitment of this product.

P11 Bi-xenon HID projector retrofit - G20.net - Forums

Since it's DIY and easy I might end up doing this along with the UFOs leds. I want slim ballast and have seen the projectors only sub $100.00.

#20 ·
Oh yeah, the whole headlight is going black with the exception of the high beam. The LED turn signal/parking light inserts provide enough chrome of their own!

I will be going with the e46 shrouds. I love the natural dotted halo around them. It's like having a smaller angel eye in a bigger LED circle--drooling. Time to get my DIY on...who knows maybe someone will want me to make a set for them... :p

#21 ·
did you see how long the waiting list is on that site Soar? I found them a few weeks back and got worked up only to find out they are backed up by like 18 cars. and it takes 3 weeks per car according to the site.

#23 ·
Crap I can do 2-3 a week! It's not that hard...just a fab would need to be made to aim them. Youtube has numerous videos of people doing it this way with boards, etc to match the cutoff.

I am heading here and the first thing to do is a set of extra headlamps. I am off to find the best price. Also, I want to put the sedan's black plastic divider vs. just the plain orange reflector (if possible)

Maybe I should do batches of these for sale on here if it works out for me. I could do a few options for eyelines, etc... S.O.A.R-Lights.com :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.