Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a FE 2021 manual...has anyone had luck painting those hubcaps to match paint, or where to get paint matched caps....not intersted in expensive wheels, but want that blacked out look. Any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks everyone,
Ben

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Welcome to forteforums!

Please post some pictures of your FE.

I've never painted hubcaps but I would think it would be as simple as removing them, prepping them by light sanding and degreasing, and painting them.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
Congrats on the new Forte! I also have a manual FE and love it. As said by others, post pictures!

To black out the hubcaps, take them off, clean them, lightly sand them to give the paint something to adhere to, and then paint them as the can instructs. Plastidip also works almost as well, without the need for as much prep with the benefit of being 100% removable if you don’t like the look. Paint will give you a better look, albeit more time consuming and permanent. Or, just take them off. The steel wheels underneath are black. Just a heads up, you do have to take the wheels off to get the hubcaps off, since the wheel nuts pinch the hubcaps to the wheels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts