Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Every time I hit a bump in the road, the springs in my seat make a squeek like an old mattress. The car is 2 and a hlf month old. I am not that heavy, (205 lbs). Anybody else have this problem? Have any idea on how to solve it? Do not think it will be covered under waranty as the seat is in good condition, it only making sounds that drive me crazy every now and then.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try and spray some lube(WD-40) on the springs under the seat. But do it carefully so it doesn't come through onto the seat material.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just started getting that same sound I think. I have only noticed it in past 2 weeks, and when I am using the clutch I can hear the seat squeak like the car is from the 80's.

I pushed around on the seat and so far I can only guess it is the plastic around where the top of the seat meets the bottom.

I'll see if I can pinpoint it over the weekend

·
Registered
51 Posts
so I just got back from the service dept (finally took it in), and they are ordering a new seat rail for me to fix it.

Thats all I was told.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few times, I hear the same sound with my seat

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so I just got back from the service dept (finally took it in), and they are ordering a new seat rail for me to fix it.

Thats all I was told.
Really! A new seat rail? Let me know if this fix it so I can take my car to service. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did this ever end up fixing it ? i have had the same problem and it is driving me absolutely nuts every time i hit a bump or and uneven road it sounds like a mattress so i have to crank the music lol but i would like a quiet ride every once in a while !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I posted about this a couple of months ago, they ordered a new seat rail and it was fixed. No squeaking anymore :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I had the same problem and my dealer has changed the track of my seat. Now everything is correct

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks all, just went to the dealer and have an appointment tomorrow, hopefully they are as smart as your part guys and realize it needs a new rail and dont try to give me bull shit response !

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
ok- i've had my SXy blk koup since late june- closing up on 2.5k miles......i play my stock stereo loud......question being- when do i have to turn the radio down to get the squeak to get the new seat rails before its too late?

and speaking of which- the sun roof rattle? how much driving does it take before that occurs? any other squeaks i need to start looking for? (the ones that the dealer will fix that is........)

·
Registered
233 Posts
My passenger seat rattles, but doesn't squeak.

Anyway, while I adore my Koup it's def a "rattle trap". We here in Metro Detroit have some of the worst road conditions in the country and my poor Koup is no match. Going over any bumps of uneven pavement results in various rattles around the cabin.

Anyone else consider theirs a rattle trap? (I've got a sunroof BTW with < 3k miles).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well at 11,000 miles on some nasty paved roads I have only one in the dash but its a easy fix, other then that so far its been good, of course I say that now and I'll drive it and find a nother rattle lol

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
My passenger seat rattles, but doesn't squeak.

).

the seat rattles or the belt buckle rattles?
i went and bought the 'minicooper/bmw' shoulder harness thingy --
while the shoulder thing keeps the buckle from making noises/scratches/ dings on the door........
it has just transfered the noise from the door to the switch/latch thingy on the side of the side of the seat....
looking at getting the padded shoulder thingies next..........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry for bringing this thread out of the depths of the forum, but I did a search on "seat squeak" and found it. Thank God I'm not the only one! There's a squeak driving me crazy on my seat. At first it was occasional, now it's almost always there. It sounds like a really old mattress, like someone above said.

Since a couple of forum members got the problem fixed by replacing the seat rails, I'll see if I bring it up when the next service is due.

Just one question... would that be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Had same issue on passenger front seat.

Thought issue was the air bag/heated seats cable hitting off the floor/read feet vents but it was rail.

Took car in, ordered new chair rail,

issue has since been resolved.

Appears to me that this (among others) seem to be a likely cause for all the rattles from out cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well i have had the same problem...but i think mines is the seat belt, evertime i put on the seat belt i here the squeaking noise, i take off the seat belt the sqeaking stops!!...wierd!

·
Registered
696 Posts
well at 11,000 miles on some nasty paved roads I have only one in the dash but its a easy fix, other then that so far its been good, of course I say that now and I'll drive it and find a nother rattle lol
Sorry to veer off topic for a second, but I just got a bad rattle in my passenger side dash the other day. How'd you fix yours?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well i have had the same problem...but i think mines is the seat belt, evertime i put on the seat belt i here the squeaking noise, i take off the seat belt the sqeaking stops!!...wierd!

Thanks for reminding me!

I had that issue to, was due to faulty/loose passenger buckle.
Dealer replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
at 16000km my forte isn't making any noise except the seat squeak, so the dealer took it apart and cleaned it twice! It didn't work, so I went back again and they ordered a new seat rail, they are 99% sure thats it...(demand this right away - they tend to beat around the bush a bit)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts