Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the SX sedan for 4 months now and there are a couple annoying squeaks and rattles starting to form. I was able to get the seat tightened down and that stopped but there are still plastic rattles. One I know about is the plastic around the shifter, if I push down the noise stops. There is another rattle though that is in the passenger dash area I am looking for right now.

Has anyone else had rattles and squeaks in the car?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have a squeak outside the car. *I've took the car in too dealer 4 times for that*
still there.

Theres is a small rattle/squeak someplace inside the car from the dash i think .
I normally just turn up the music which sounds great :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
my drivers seat makes some noise and i get a whistle sound when doing over 50mph, wind getting in from somewhere

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have had the SX sedan for 4 months now and there are a couple annoying squeaks and rattles starting to form. I was able to get the seat tightened down and that stopped but there are still plastic rattles. One I know about is the plastic around the shifter, if I push down the noise stops. There is another rattle though that is in the passenger dash area I am looking for right now.

Has anyone else had rattles and squeaks in the car?
I had a rattle in the passenger dash area, I found by squeezing a piece of rubber between the dash and windshield (Behind demister vent) fixed the noise. Also the sun visors on mine have a pull out extensions, they were loose so just jammed a piece of foam in and now they are quiet.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My dash seems tight but there's an annoying buzz coming from the passenger side front door. It comes and goes with temp swings.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm getting some kind of squeaking when I'm driving over roads that aren't very smooth - haven't had time to investigate though it does sound "plastic-ky" rather than metallic.

·
Registered
973 Posts
My dash seems tight but there's an annoying buzz coming from the passenger side front door. It comes and goes with temp swings.
I get that buzzing also, I think mine is just that my exhaust is broken in and the resonant frequency is making the part vibrate, its only when it's lugging a bit, which is when the note is the deepest
idk if your's doesn't have an exhaut on it
and mine seems to stay the same throughout temp range

·
Registered
358 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to stop the noise that comes from the sunroof?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I did and they said they did it before I bought the vehicle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Driver's seat starting to squeak.........

Usually when I'm cornering. I moved everything around, up, down etc. checked the floor bolts....they're torqued to spec. Anybody else get their's looked at by the dealer...???:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
passenger seat squeaks, and so does something outside-passenger side from a cold start-pull off.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Took it to the dealership to see if they could get rid of the noise, but the tec told me there is not much he can do. He tightened a couple of nuts and the noise is not as much. I wish the noise stopped completlely, but sometimes you never win.

I did and they said they did it before I bought the vehicle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
my passenger seat squeaks.... and also rattles sometimes... the most annoying by far is the inside of my driver seat RUBS against the leather on the centre console mainly when turning corners and such but the squeaking is driving me crazy... to the point where I have folded napkins and shoved them between to stop the squeak... I asked the dealer last time if they can somehow tighten the seats so they don't have as much wiggle and rattle to them and they said no they can't...
Anyone else have this problem? is there really no way of tightenin up the seats?

·
Registered
532 Posts
You should try taking it to the dealer and explain to them all the places where the noise is coming from. They probably won't do anything, but heck, they also may.

That or turn up the music really loud.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take it to the dealer, there is a TSB out for the rattle in the door,i just had mine fixed 4 days ago

·
Registered
139 Posts
well i found the squeak that seemed to be just outside the passenger door as i pull off.

Its the damn auto-lock at 15mph, and the passenger door mechanism is squeaking. didnt realize until i manually locked my car before getting out and pushing the button, something i -never- do lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

don't worry, you are not alone, my passenger seat squeaks too. I have a SX Sedan and the leather seems to rub against the plastic on the base of the seat. It squeaks a bit with the vibrations of the road. It is especially worse when the temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius outside, the car rarely squeaked during the summer.

A few years ago I watched a TV program on Discovery channel that explained the challenge to properly build a car interior. Basically what it told was the problems that the engineers faced when assorting a variety of different materials (leather, vinyl, plastic, metal, cloth, suede, carpet, etc) into a car interior that will be submitted to extreme temperature variations (here in Canada it ranges from -30 Celsius to 35 during the summer, one of the largest gap on the planet).

This explains a lot of the squeaking you are hearing in your car, because of the tolerances that vary between the materials depending of the temperature and dilatation. My friend has a new VW Golf that rattled and squeaked like hell. Went back to the dealership and they removed the whole dash interior and applied some Velcro tape (the soft part) to the problematic areas. The thing is the dash is now a little bit "looser. because it was removed and put back in place, so new noises appeared. My advice is to check with the dealership for any loose nuts of bolts, apply a bit of grease or lubricant, but don't remove anything. The car was assembled by Kia with strict tolerances. I doubt that they can replicate this at your local dealership.

My right glovebox/dash assembly also squeaks a bit when the car is cold. It is especially worse when driving over the mediocre pothole-filled Quebec roads (I drove a lot in North America, it is easily the worst conditions you can find, lots of "washboard" area, cracks, holes etc...no car can handle this without any rattle or vibrations).

My '01 Civic had a few inside noises too, so I guess it is common to all cars!

Hope my message didn't bored you too much and sorry for the bad english because I'm french!

SM

·
Registered
5 Posts
For all those who notice squeaking in their front passenger seat area, I too had the same problem just less than a month after getting the car. Took it in, and the mechanic took it for a test drive. At first, the sound went away... then I realized it was because I was sitting in the front passenger seat, so I asked him to pull over, I got out and into the back, then continued the drive. Sure enough, the squeaking sound came alive.

Back at the dealership, they determined the root cause to be a faulty track seat assembly. So they ordered the part... took two months, but it finally arrived and they replaced it at no charge.

So if any of you are STILL having the same symptoms, try inquiring about the above to see if perhaps your car is experiencing the same faulty part.

Other than that, it's winter now in Canada and I notice some minor clicking sounds near my dash... nothing major, but I attribute it to the extreme cold weather plus blasting my heat equaling to sudden temperature changes causing contraction/expansion of some materials near the dash... LOL, dunno if I'm crazy for attributing this :).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Almost 5K miles on my new 2010 forte ex in the last 2 months. Drive almost 70miles a day roudtrip just for work. Only rattle I get is when windows are down and the front passenger seatbelt starts banging on inside. Kinda annoying but no other complaints.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts