Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a squeaking sound when I engage first gear or reverse and sometimes in 2nd...it happens as I give it gas and disengage the clutch and happens ALL the time and I can't stand it. I can easily ignore it or turn the tunes up but I know in the back of my mind it's there and I don't know if I should bring it into KIA with a Cai and I don't have a lot of time to take it out and re install it...anyone with ideas of what this could be and maybe how to make it stop?!?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
is the sound from the inside of the car or the outside?

if inside,
maybe try some wd40 on the clutch lever inside the car..
or get some white grease and put that where the pedal hinge moves..

if the noise is from the outside of the car I'd say take it too the dealer,
cause that could be the clutch throw out bearing.. ps thats not covered under warrenty so hopefully thats not the problem.

·
Registered
973 Posts

if inside,

cause that could be the clutch throw out bearing.. ps thats not covered under warrenty so hopefully thats not the problem.
I was going to say the exact same thing lol
had the same problem in my isuzu and it was solved by wd40 to the pedal

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what both of you are saying but it doesn't sound like the pedal...I had the same thing in my civic before my koup but this sounds more internal..would rly like to avoid the dealer if possible but would this cause any long term damage if I left it? I can also ask my mechanic...thanks for the replies :)

·
Registered
3 Posts

if inside,

I have a squeak in my clutch pedal itself (definitely inside the cabin and not in the engine). Do you have a picture of where exactly to apply the grease, please? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.