Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about building myself a SRI and cutting a hole into my hood and putting a scoop over top of it. I live on the coast right now, and it has a very bad habit of raining alot, so I was wondering if this is a bad idea or not.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
So I'm thinking about building myself a SRI and cutting a hole into my hood and putting a scoop over top of it. I live on the coast right now, and it has a very bad habit of raining alot, so I was wondering if this is a bad idea or not.
If it was a cowl induction type then the rain wouldn't go in unless you are sitting still and you could put a small lip to stop that. Ram which faces opposite of cowl would cause a lot of rain intake. Usually these are for cooling the turbo more than air intake.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would go look at a couple of autos that have real hood scoop intakes and go from there. Otherwise i think it's a cool idea...:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you plan on going turbo (which it says in your future mod list) why not wait and build a scoop over the turbo so it actually serves a purpose?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.