Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KSPEC list some SS brake lines for the Forte.

detail KSPEC KDM Performance Center

I never used Earl's before. Anyone have any experience with them?

I've used Goodridge in the past and they always improved pedal feel and stopping distance (from better feel for threshold braking).

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Tebore - Earls does great fittings and more. But that is very expensive.

Are you familiar with Atelier HP ?
Off topic, are you from Quebec ??

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tebore - Earls does great fittings and more. But that is very expensive.

Are you familiar with Atelier HP ?
I'm not but i just looked at their site seems like cool stuff. They are a custom tuner shop?

Does anyone know where to get cheaper SS lines? I'm used to getting goodridge lines for $150-175 shipped. SS brake lines should come before any BBKs.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
StopTech : Stainless Steel Brake Lines

This is where I get my off road line from, very good quality and fair price.
I used their pads before it's pretty good stuff.

A quick look on their site shows Road Race Motorsports to be a reseller. Maybe they have an idea on which parts to order for a SS kit for the Forte.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used their pads before it's pretty good stuff.

A quick look on their site shows Road Race Motorsports to be a reseller. Maybe they have an idea on which parts to order for a SS kit for the Forte.
Also they do custom length. When I was building my lift for my jeep I needed a special size, with weird fittings and a custom length. They made it to fit in a few days and within a week I had it. Just great customer service along with a great product. ;)

Call them and they will help you, regaurdless of what it says in the cataloge

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also they do custom length. When I was building my lift for my jeep I needed a special size, with weird fittings and a custom length. They made it to fit in a few days and within a week I had it. Just great customer service along with a great product. ;)

Call them and they will help you, regaurdless of what it says in the cataloge
I'll shoot them an email maybe they'll hook us up with a GB for a kit.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Tebore & Maxd - i'm not close to Quebec. But if anyone is close to Atelier HP , Denis was willing to have a look at the lines and figurred he could do custom.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Keep us posted, thinking about buying earls but 250 is a bit steep. Im sure i can get custom one made cheaper or just buy a kit and cut them to length.

·
Registered
284 Posts
These help me stop faster/shorter distance and are rust proofed?

Also the breaklines themselves (the ones that run under the body of the car) are still OEM correct?
Would having braided lines to calipers be much better with the factory lines under the car?
~weakest link right?

Benefits of SS Braided Break lines discuss:

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tebore & Maxd - i'm not close to Quebec. But if anyone is close to Atelier HP , Denis was willing to have a look at the lines and figurred he could do custom.
We need Quebec brother to help us out on this request. I'm too far.

Forte333: SS brakelines or SS braided brakelines connect the calipers to the hardlines. The hardlines run from the booster along the body then stops as close to the calipers as possible.

OE lines are usually rubber (some highend stuff is silicone) coated teflon lines. Overtime due to the elements the rubber just disintegrates. This could pose as a safety concern which is why your car's braking system should be inspected regularly. Or they can be damaged when they rub against something. With SS they are much more resistant to failing to the elements and are more resistant to abrasion damage.

Being OE lines are just rubber with a teflon core they "bulge" under pressure. This is very slight but can give the impression of a spongey pedal. Try this when you're stopped start increasing pressure on your brake pedal there's a slight bounce on it. You can keep pressing it down even though your pads are already solidly pressed against the discs and it'll bounce back up when you let off.

With SS lines when you try the above at a certain point it'll be like you're pressing against a brick, the pedal just becomes solid.

Some even say that SS brakelines help cool the brakefluid around the caliper or helps it from boiling over when tracking. I don't know about this but you can read some crazy stuff on the net.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts