Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to where I'm staying in St. Catharines tonight and slid into the curb at the last turn that I needed to make :( Rim is scratched up bad, tire seems fine, but I need to get the alignment checked for sure before heading back to New Jersey.

Anybody know if the Kia dealership in St. Catharines will do an alignment for reasonable $? Or should I find a mechanic? Any names?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was driving to where I'm staying in St. Catharines tonight and slid into the curb at the last turn that I needed to make :( Rim is scratched up bad, tire seems fine, but I need to get the alignment checked for sure before heading back to New Jersey.

Anybody know if the Kia dealership in St. Catharines will do an alignment for reasonable $? Or should I find a mechanic? Any names?
i just did a google search and came up with this:
Kia of St. Catharines
406 Ontario Street
St. Catharines, ON L2R 5L9
Phone: (905) 684-4542
Fax: (905) 684-1114
Email: [email protected]

Give em a call. See if they can help you out.
Sorry about your situation.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
That sucks, glad your ok, sorry about your wheel :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow, it just stinks because if I was closer to home I could have the alignment checked and done for free at my dad's dealership over in Newburgh. Oh well, if the rim isn't bent I'll just use it as my spare once I get a new one, instead of the donut.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pictures that I took this morning, the damage is limited to the rim (at least just from looking) and as long as the car drives okay I'll be able to drive it back to New York for any further repair (which is awesome).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Fudge!!!!! I did the same thing this morning, front left tire bounced off the curb. No visible damages but allignmed is off....I slid on pure ice... :(

Have a safe drive back....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fudge!!!!! I did the same thing this morning, front left tire bounced off the curb. No visible damages but allignmed is off....I slid on pure ice... :(

Have a safe drive back....
Glad you're okay, stinks about the alignment :( I haven't driven my car since the incident to see if the car is driving okay, if it is my dad said just to drive it home to his dealership to get things checked out.

When the weather clears up- gently sand it down, then mask it off with tape and give it a shot of black spray paint. it will look again.
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely do that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I took the car out for a drive today and the alignment was definitely off quite a bit, so I called up the Kia dealership and asked them about an alignment, they don't have a machine! However, the referred me to the place that they use - Active Green + Ross Tire & Auto Center - they did it in just about an hour and the price was $80 CAD. Drives like normal again! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was that down by the Penn Centre? I'm liiving in the Niagara region myself, hardly see any Forte's around here. Haven't seen a Koup yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was that down by the Penn Centre? I'm liiving in the Niagara region myself, hardly see any Forte's around here. Haven't seen a Koup yet.
When I'm up there I stay less than 3 minutes from the Penn.

I got the alignment done at Active Green + Ross Tire over on Ontario street, however the guy there did not align the car properly so I had to get it realigned back home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a big scratch on the black part of my sx rim and i was wondering how to fix it its down to bare silver. i was reading that u can sand it down and spray primer and paint on it but i want the easiest way to fix the scratch

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thats rough man! As if you guys got snow already. None here in Ottawa yet

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a big scratch on the black part of my sx rim and i was wondering how to fix it its down to bare silver. i was reading that u can sand it down and spray primer and paint on it but i want the easiest way to fix the scratch pm me please

1 - 14 of 14 Posts