Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am an 18 year old owner and driver of a 2000 kia sportage and i will be getting a new car within 7 months, i had been looking at cars and i had it down to an 04 sti or a 2000 audi s4 twin turbo. but then i happened across the kia frte koup sx-r and my mind was blown. at races people see my kia and laugh because its a joke. rear wheel drive zero to 60 in about 5 minutes, its pathetic. but its a good little car. the thought of getting another kia for awhile didnt cross my mind, i want a car people would take seriously, then another idea came to me, no one where i live builds kias so for some reason i want to stick to the brand. its of course all about hondas and that crap here so i thought. hmm how can i stand out and show people kia isnt just the budget car? how can i smash on civics with a kia? the forte koup sx-r appears to be the answer. i cannot wait to get my hands on one. i`ll be the only kia there and im 100 percent ok with that.i hope to learn alot about the car here before i get it. thanks for reading

·
Registered
45 Posts
Go with the Koup. I live in a very congested area outside Washington, DC and in the 3ish months I've owned the Koup I have only seen 1 other (on the same Kia lot I got mine from.) I replaced my badges with the "Koup" ones and get a lot of people come up to the car and after a few seconds they see the Kia wheel caps and I hear "OMG its a Kia."

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is quite a difference between sportage and Forte though, so it understandable that someone may laugh at a racing sportage. Both the cars you listed, the s4 and STI, probably had the piss driven out of them, so you have to factor in repairs as they are long out of warranty.

Buy the car that you like the best.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There is quite a difference between sportage and Forte though, so it understandable that someone may laugh at a racing sportage. Both the cars you listed, the s4 and STI, probably had the piss driven out of them, so you have to factor in repairs as they are long out of warranty.

I agree with wingzero. This is the reason I chose to go with a new car. It's most of the time better in the long run with less headaches.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,830 Posts
Warranties are NICE!

But seriously...don't think of a car as something to be unique about. I don't take anyone serious just because of the car they drive...LoL!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

wingzero has it down 127.8%

I would highly advise against purchasing the s4 or STI. Being 18, you really dont want to get yourself into a situation with a used turbocharged vehicle that needs repairs. I went through this phase with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. That is until we took a Lancer Ralliart in on trade at the dealership I was at. That car was beat to hell and I feel bad for whoever made the mistake of purchasing it.

Go with the Koup. Yeah, it's got the appeal of being unique (which is an awesome feeling), but you also get the piece of mind knowing that you're backed by a 5yr-60k bumper to bumper and a 10yr-100k powertrain.

Happy Shopping!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I couldn't agree more with everyone's contributions to this thread. There's a comforting feeling to knowing exactly where your car's been and how it's been treated when you buy new. Not to mention the safety net of a warranty. I have a SX-R and absolutely LOVE it!!! If it's beating Civics you're interested in, I traded in my heavily modded '02 Honda Civic SiR and actually notice more pep in the Koup. You should definitely look into it and do some serious research but I'm sure if you did get a Koup that you wouldn't be disappointed:D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
From a 17yr old to a 18 yr old.... :p I LOVE my koup! My parents were a lot happier with me getting a brand new Koup then a used Civic Si. Even if the Si I wanted had 4 doors!! Lol. The warranty is what won them over the most. Plus my dealership is really lax on what I do! (I guess I just got lucky) Lol, anyways... I def love having a nicely refined NEW koup than a used srt4; to me, those cars are sloppy looking and doesn't have that WOW factor that the koup had. I fell in love with the koup the day I test drove it, and have been in love ever since! All in all, its nice having a new car and knowing that you can rely on it, that looks sexy too! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! so much for the input, i am definateley sold on the forte koup, looks and the warranty god damnnnn my parents were quite happy that i want another kia as my mom drives a borrego shit we might as well be prefered customers haha, true i definately dont want to worry about a beat up turbo besides the koup gets better gas milage ha! i have a good feeling the koup will stand out next to all the civics and tc`s. you guys rule!

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I got my FE 2 years ago, I really missed driving a stick shift. Nobody cares to drive them any more. To me, driving a stick is an art. Its a skill that not too many can say they have the ability to do. Let alone do well enough to smoke some other cars on the roads. So, at the time, the FE 6MT was the only option. The dealership guys said something about putting me into a Soul or a Rio, but I was bent on getting the Forte. If I had known that the GT 6MT or the GT-Line was coming out, I'd have waited a yr or so for it. Other cars I would have waited for are the K5 and the Elantra GT. I posted pics of my car with the new wheels last week. I swear that alot of my friends don't recognize it. Hell, I don't either. I'm in love with my car again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts