Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all how's everyone doing out there:laugh2:
I've had my forte 5 since 2011 and installed a compustar in it two weeks after buying it. The car has been great since day one and I'm now at 95000km and recently when I go to start the car sometimes it stays stuck on start and I will need to press the button (push start) to shut the car off the restart it and it works. Now this morning I tried to start it with the remote start and it didn't start??? So I got in the car and pushed to start and noting happenedm??? All the lights were on I heard the click when one presses the start button but nothing. I tried it three times then it turned on wow what a long story sorry people
I guess what I'm asking is has anyone with the push button have this problem I haven't gone to the dealer yet cause I wanted some fed back from the forum
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Push start problems

Hey all again so I'm still haveing problems with me car and I'm not happy with Kia right now
Last weekend after I posted my problem with the push start I got stuck at lowes. The car just wouldn't start so I had to tow it to Kia of Brampton this was on Sunday so no car till Monday. Kia of Brampton looked at the and it started right away for them don't know how but it did. When I called them they said the battery is fine nothing wrong with it. The wife used the car all week and no problems at all. Yesterday I had to go out so I got in and the car didn't start again so I installed the ten dollar brake switch and it still didn't start. I got it going when I released the e break and put it in reverse then back into park push and it started. Can someone please help with this

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Not sure on that exact model but most auto trans have a neutral safety switch either by the shifter or on the trans where the shift cable hooks up. Next time it doesn't start try just moving the shifter in and out of park and try the start button again. Not sure if it will allow the start button to work using neutral but may be worth a try. From what you described and since you already did the brake switch neutral safety would be my starting point after being a drivability tech for 15 yrs. Just remember to try moving the shifter out of park then back before starting if that doesn't work try neutral to start (my 2014 will start with push button with trans in neutral).

Sensor should be on the trans under the shift linkage and should cost about 35.00 to replace. Some are adjustable and the easiest way I found to do that is E-brake on, shifter in reverse, key or start button in on position and turn the switch till you have reverse lights, snug the switch in place then shift to park and try to start.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello all

Thanks itsjustme.

I did put the car in the reverse and back into park that's when I got the car to start.
But just to be sure my tech guy that installed my compustar told me to disconnect the brain and see if this issue happens again he thinks that because I disconnect the battery to install my amplifier it may have caused the transponder bypass to stop working properly.
If I can rule out the remote starter being the cause of this hiccup then for sure Kia will be hearing from me. Thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello...I miss place the battery cables by accident and now my kia Forte 2010 does not start running.. and I realized that the dash board is off. I replace the ECU relay but still does not start the engine running

1 - 8 of 8 Posts