Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... been having a steering noise lately...

I think even with 5400 miles, my strut bearing may be going bad...

it only happens when im turning and Im really thinking its a strut bearing... if needed, just search youtube for the noise, I don't hear a real "boing" noise, but it does sound like strut bearing noise

I don't trust the dealer to put my car on a lift, so im thinking about checking it out myself...

anyways... has anyone had any unusual sounds when steering? low speed, not dry steering, but very low speed steering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all... been having a steering noise lately...

I think even with 5400 miles, my strut bearing may be going bad...

it only happens when im turning and Im really thinking its a strut bearing... if needed, just search youtube for the noise, I don't hear a real "boing" noise, but it does sound like strut bearing noise

I don't trust the dealer to put my car on a lift, so im thinking about checking it out myself...

anyways... has anyone had any unusual sounds when steering? low speed, not dry steering, but very low speed steering.
yes had this issue going to various dealers over four times,
At first they applied grease of the strut tower, KIA end up replacing my front struts
got the regional director and regional area tech involved, it is sad how KIA hurts their own image.
Call costumer service and be persistent I live in Florida.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes had this issue going to various dealers over four times,
At first they applied grease of the strut tower, KIA end up replacing my front struts
got the regional director and regional area tech involved, it is sad how KIA hurts their own image.
Call costumer service and be persistent I live in Florida.

its interesting... it does really seem to be the spring moving... I couldn't feel or hear any other noises, so I don't believe anything is loose...

so its gotta be the bearing or bushing moving... may have to take it apart and get some nice synthetic grease or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FWIW... the KIA "Pitstop 336" bulletin describes this and talks about lubricating the shock towers. The dealer did it to mine and it stopped the noise for a couple of years, but I've noticed it maybe coming back so might have to do it again.

"Pitstop 336" (TSB # PS336R1) is described as "PITSTOP: CLICKING NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION - SOME 2014-2016MY FORTE (YD) VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT A CLICKING TYPE NOISE FROM THE FRONT SUSPENSION WHEN CARRYING A FULL LOAD OF PASSENGERS AND TURNING THE WHEEL IN EITHER DIRECTION AT LOW SPEEDS"

I never found the vehicle load to be a factor... it's usually just me in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts