Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does your steering wheel begin to shake non-stop, like crazy vibrations whenever you surpass 100km/h? Mine goes crazy, you can literally see my hands shaking.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
i havent had a problem. There are a couple of threads out there concerning shaking at high rates of speed.. possible bad alignment. If it happens all the time, i would take it to your dealer and have them go for a ride with you so it can be corrected

·
Registered
973 Posts
I haven't had a single problem like that, I've been up to 100 mph, which translates to about 160 km/h
possible alignment issue, as 67beast said

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check for warped brake rotor. Wheel balance could be an issue, it's possible that a balance weight was knocked off the wheel.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,880 Posts
Is it just me or does your steering wheel begin to shake non-stop, like crazy vibrations whenever you surpass 100km/h? Mine goes crazy, you can literally see my hands shaking.
LoL...it's just you...check your front wheels and make sure the tire pressure is correct AND that the lug nuts are tight. If those are good take it in and have it checked!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I experience it too. I've had my car serviced twice in two weeks for alignment and the steering wheel vibrating around 70mph. I think I'm just gonna take it to Sears. The guys at the service department at Kia seem very uninterested in satisfying their customers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I experience it too. I've had my car serviced twice in two weeks for alignment and the steering wheel vibrating around 70mph. I think I'm just gonna take it to Sears. The guys at the service department at Kia seem very uninterested in satisfying their customers.
Yea I took it to KIA multiple times, they fix one thing but then something else breaks, they can never do a full job properly. Anyways, I finally got it resolved it was both my tire balance and my alignment was off. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts