Well, it's official. I just finished installing my car stereo. This includes:
double din touch screen deck.
two 4 channel amps.
one 12" sub
one 10" sub
new front component speaker set
New rear speakers
Dynamated the entire body of the car

All this without breaking a single clip ;)

The reason I am posting this is because if anyone has any questions about installing any of the previously mentioned parts I would be more then willing to help them along. I know I may not know as much as some of the forum members (i.e D113) but hey, if you need a hand. just shout :)

Take care all.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why one 12 and one 10?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i was told a 10 would have a "deeper note" to a 12, so i went with a 10 in my previous car.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
sweet stuff, does your car have the climate control, i am having a hard time finding one. and what brand of deck you go with?
@technician:
10' subs because of there smaller diameter, create much more poppy bass beats or ( great for double bass pedal), where a bigger sub ex: 12' can hold a low tone better (like electronic). in combination you get the best of both worlds, depending on brand is where the quality comes from. my 2x 10' mtx thunder champs sound lower then my old 12' pioneer. but all to gether sound orgasmic!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@technician I have a 10 and 12 because I have my 10" set up to cut out anything lower then 100Hz; and my 12" cuts everything above 100Hz. Basically what civicKillR said. Best of both worlds, punch/kick and drops/bass. ( I went to school for sound production engineering, so I hate when one speaker i.e my sub, tries play the kick drum and bass lines in a song, sounds very muddy)

@civicKillR I got a pioneer double din deck. I was looking at a few others eg, Nakimitchi, Kenwood and Alpine. But the Pioneer just happened to be on sale when I dropped into the store :D.

·
Registered
6 Posts
two 4 channel amps.
one 12" sub
one 10" sub
New rear speakers

The reason I am posting this is because if anyone has any questions about installing any of the previously mentioned parts I would be more then willing to help them along. I know I may not know as much as some of the forum members (i.e D113) but hey, if you need a hand. just shout :)

Take care all.
Would you Happen to have a video link ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
two 4 channel amps.
one 12" sub
one 10" sub
New rear speakers

Take care all.
Can u help me

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2018 Kia forte but can't figure out where to run my remote wire, I'm trying to keep stock head unit and use line output converter but I can't find place to run this dam remote wire, been 2 weeks and 5 people and still nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2018 Kia forte but can't figure out where to run my remote wire, I'm trying to keep stock head unit and use line output converter but I can't find place to run this dam remote wire, been 2 weeks and 5 people and still nothing.
I am a novice at car stereo, but just trying to help. The have a product called "add a fuse". I have not used this method but have seen videos of it and it makes sense. It extends a fused power wire coming out of your fuse box. You would run the remote wire to it, once car turns on, low voltage goes through your power wire to your remote wire and then turn on your line converter with the key start. I hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts