Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everybody, I've been lurking around for the past week or so and finally decided to sign up.

I picked up a baseline LX Sedan last week and I have to say, mighty impressed with it. I'm looking at picking up a Stereo package from FS in the near-ish future and I just have a few questions.

Here's the package:
Pioneer 5.8" In-Dash Double-Din Car Video Deck with GPS Package (AVIC-P32BTC) : In-Dash & Overhead Car Video - Future Shop

From what I've read there shouldn't be any problems getting the factory steering wheel controls to work for the audio part, but is there anyway to keep the bluetooth controls and built-in mic functioning with an aftermarket deck?

Alternately I was thinking that while we don't have a Kia nav option, it appears as though the Cerrato may be available with navigation. Perhaps one of the other market units lets you keep your stock BT. Any thoughts?

I really like my BT controls and I really don't like having non-functional buttons. If all else fails I was thinking of just changing out the speakers, does the stock unit have any options in terms of adding an amp and sub?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whadda ya at b'y!!! Welcome to the forums! I too have a LX, and unfortunately the stock head unit doesn't give us many options as far as audio upgrade. I replaced all the stock speakers with Infinity 6032CF 2 way speakers. Right now they are just running off of the stock head unit and are an awesome upgrade compared to the stock speakers. I plan on getting a double din touch screen after christmas, at which point ill be adding a 4 channel amp (which i already have).
As for the steering wheel controls, if you get an aftermarket head unit you'll need to get a pac steering wheel interface, and from what I have heard, you still have all the functions.

Hope this helps, hopefully I'll see you around. I've got a titanium sedan with HID's, tinted windows and K emblems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
PS. If you are looking for a good car audio place in town, I highly recommend CarTunes on O'leary Ave by the avalon mall.

·
Registered
147 Posts
HEY!!! FELLOW East Coasters!!!! SWEET!!!!

Just to give you guys a heads up... We are going to be doing a run back to the Rock this July.... (Forgive me for posting this up here on this thread)

Possibly 3 Koups so far... Hopefully more and a few sedans :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stock Blue tooth kept with aftermarket head unit... No, doesnt work that I know of...
Im doing an install in Spring once the snow is gone, I have to get the modual for the Blue Tooth, steering wheel controls also for the sirious sat radio....

Im pretter sure that you have to use a seperate modual for the blue tooth, or if the head unit already has it set up to use it that way....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering if there were anymore of us Newfs kickin around.

I'm probably gonna head to CarTunes today after work to see what they're sayin. In thinking about it, the only reason the stock mic wouldn't work would probably be the connection to the head unit. In theory shouldn't I be able to splice the connector from the Pioneer mic onto the Kia mic cable?

Also, whats the deal with the stock AUX/USB, will they connect into the back of an aftermarket headunit or am I SOL on that one too?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have read in a few places you would be SOL for the AUX/USB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts