Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking in the pics/build threads - and through several pages of this forum. I haven't seen a single build log about anyone dropping a stereo in a forte - Did I just miss all the posts or is that a thing of the past? (maybe I'm old? but old that likes a clean sounding system lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
weeee I'm special - it's in the AUDIO section

alright well - I retract that statement because after looking in the audio section, I don't see any build logs there either!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There's several posts/threads. Use the search. Stereo, aftermarket stereo, stereo install, stereo installation.

Forte audio, video & electronics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not really looking for information, just something I'm interested in and like to see

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm incredibly confused what bestbuy or car audio store - crutchfield so on has to do with BUILD LOGS for stereo installs?
Car audio has been a hobby of mine for years, my garage is full of odds n ends of equipment - but again, this is not about buying anything or seeing some random install, I was looking specifically for Forte.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
I'm incredibly confused what bestbuy or car audio store - crutchfield so on has to do with BUILD LOGS for stereo installs?
Car audio has been a hobby of mine for years, my garage is full of odds n ends of equipment - but again, this is not about buying anything or seeing some random install, I was looking specifically for Forte.
I don't know - or not aware of - any build logs on stereo equipment for 2019-up Fortes on forteforums.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you refer to my original posting - it specifically says "I haven't seen a single build log"
Still trying to figure out how all this would refer me to Best Buy or Crutchfield (Crutchfields prices suckkkkk)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
If you refer to my original posting - it specifically says "I haven't seen a single build log"
Still trying to figure out how all this would refer me to Best Buy or Crutchfield (Crutchfields prices suckkkkk)
Just posters giving their 2 cents. No one can answer your question because there is no post with radio builds. Just people trying to be helpful the only way they can..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed a full system in my 2021 Forte FE. I left the radio in the dash, but added 2 amps, all new speakers, and a set of subs.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
How about youtube university & watch to get ideas for your hobby in car audio to get ideas.

If not you can always go checkout your local brick & mortar automotive parts store, Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts, Pepboys, Napa, Walmart, pawnshops & junk/salvage yard/s.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Bestbuy & your local Automotive audio & video is for in person touch, feel play, mess with each aftermarket stereos & their features. Likes & dislikes. Build ideas/layouts, planning & when faced with an oops/obstacles you can think around & outside the box.

Online store/s is for sometimes the brick & mortar stores don't have on hand/on their shelves what you're looking for & or need to complete to the next step.

Hope this helps clears up any confusions. If still confused. Don't know what we can tell you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't think you missed anything. Interest in super loud stereo systems in 2019- up Forte's at least on this forum isn't very large.

As the saying goes, if you want something done right do it yourself. If you have the JBL system it has excellent sound quality, but lacks deep bass.

Adding a sub is a quick fix and works well. I added a SAS Bass Tube (50w).

I do find myself wanting more overall volume but would like to retain the center channel. The tube is actually at 1/4 gain. I am looking at the JBL MS-8 which would keep the center channel and more than double the power to the main speakers. I need to figure out how the center channel is connected plus it doubles as voice control speaker.

I doubt I would document what I am doing. I am not one to take pictures of everything I do. I only have pictures of Race Week 2.0 because I had to take them for the event as proof hitting the checkpoints.

Like I said create your own audio project if nobody else is doing it, I'm sure others are interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts