Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so this is somthing that i have been thinking about since i got my forte, is there a way to hook up subs/amp to a stock head unit and if soo do you think like bestbuy or somewhere like that would be willing to do it.. or is there a post on here that explains how its done? i have 2 10 inch JLs from my old car that i dont want to sell.. any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
you need a line out converter thingy and jl are poopy lol just my .02 and i wouldnt trust best buy with anything car related to be honest. find an install bay in or arround your area and use them. you will be happier with the outcome but ask to see their work first.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
LOL, a line out converter thingy? JL are poopy?

I think my 2 JL 10w6v2's are great! and here's a few people who've heard my car and were impressed. That being said you normally get what you pay for, but a few local fortes own this:
JL Audio CP112-W0v2 Subwoofer systems
and they seem to be quite happy =)

anyways, if your amp has a high level input or you buy a line converter, you can splice in to one of your rear channels. The way the local installer has done koups is they've spliced into the cable run that goes along the driver side of the car uner the trim (there's a bundle of wires and one pair heads to the rear left speaker.

I agree with the bestbuy comment.. there are some decent installers, but most are crap. Your best bet is a reputable audio installer.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also do you have to run the system control wire to the back of the stock head unit? Im not sure if the amp i have works and i have the power cable run from the battery to the trunk and when i hook it up no lights come on. I do have the ground cable connected. I just ordered the line out converter. When i get it all, all i have to do to get my audio working is connect the power cable, splice the rear speaker to the line out converter to the amp and ground the ground cable. Is this all i have to do? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts