Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started on good Friday and finished on Sunday, took my stock red side mirrors off and painted them ebony black, also did the same to the silver inserts on the stock wheels. Since the wheels were off went ahead and painted the calipers red. I like the whole red and back combo, thinking about getting the vinyl overlay on the roof to top it off.

Feedback would be great, spent many hours prepping each piece before paint.

Picks below:

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now you need a black spoiler and your set! Good work.
Ha, I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how it will look. Have though about photo shopping one in just to get an idea. I having trouble finding one that i love enough to order.

Sometime soon I am going to get it tinted, sadly here in Virginia we can only go 50% in the front on tinting, I have no idea how thats going to look.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice!

Run into any troubles or issues while doing it? Did you use a clear coat on top?
No real problems, just a pain to keep dust off the paint. The calipers were a bit time consuming since you had a tiny brush but it kept me from having to take them off so no complaints.

The mirrors required a lot of coats to get it right, put several coats of clear coat to get it to look stock.

I thought there was way to much red on the car, and i am too cheap to purchase new wheels now. Maybe when i have some more money and after buying the CAI.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not a fan of the flat black, but i still haven't decided if i am going the lip spoiler route and i think if i do, black would be a no go since it would disrupt the flow of the car and color scheme. Thanks for the find MFury.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Not a fan of the rims myself, but the job looks well done. I'm glad you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks great! Let us know how the inserts hold up please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts