Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my stock low profile Goodyear tires on the rims on my SE Forte sedan wear out, I'd like to replace them with not so low profile tires. I'd like to use the same rims. Can it be done? Is there enough wheel well room to fit regular tires on the stock SE rims?

I apologize if this subject has been discussed before.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
it can be done.. your just going to have to look at serval companys too see what size options the offer..

You just need to do some homework on this one.. have fun :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
You don't have much options.

This is the size of stock tire with 7 inch rim width

215/45R17 => 24.6 inch diameter, 96.75 mm sidewall

narrower tire
205/50R17 => 25.1 inch diameter, 102.5 mm sidewall (you get a bit of more sidewall)

wider tire
225/45R17 => 25.0 inch diameter, 101.25 mm sidewall

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
When my stock low profile Goodyear tires on the rims on my SE Forte sedan wear out, I'd like to replace them with not so low profile tires. I'd like to use the same rims. Can it be done? Is there enough wheel well room to fit regular tires on the stock SE rims?

I apologize if this subject has been discussed before.
Ideally, you want to maintain the same rolling diameter so that your speedometer doesn't need to be recalibrated (if you move to a larger rolling diameter, you'll actually be moving faster than indicated).

Given that, the best way to go would be to move down to a 16" wheel. I just did that, sort of. I wanted a separate set of winter tires on their own rims, and I wanted narrower wheels, so I got winter tires with a higher sidewall on a smaller wheel. Same rolling diameter, and, yes, a better ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts