Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've had the car for 3 months already, only put 1500 miles on it so far. i dont drive like a maniac, i avoid potholes like the plague. was putzing around my car today and noticed a bubble on the front driver side tire. not a little one....A BIG ONE!! it has to be from the last 3 days cause i actually added air to my tire the other day and it wasnt there. its that noticable! just wondering if i should call the dealer and flip on him and try to get a new tire, or go buy 4 new tires all together! anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
289 Posts
so i've had the car for 3 months already, only put 1500 miles on it so far. i dont drive like a maniac, i avoid potholes like the plague. was putzing around my car today and noticed a bubble on the front driver side tire. not a little one....A BIG ONE!! it has to be from the last 3 days cause i actually added air to my tire the other day and it wasnt there. its that noticable! just wondering if i should call the dealer and flip on him and try to get a new tire, or go buy 4 new tires all together! anyone else have this problem?

I worked at the KIA dealership in AZ and that is a Warranty issue buddy. That is a defect in the sidewall at 1500 miles..... Go get you a new shoe!!!!!

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holler!!!! lol gotta wait a few days, my dealer is an hour away! unless i can use another dealer thats alot closer? idk how this stuff works. the dealer next to me is a rip off artist! trying to charge 22k for an ex model lol paid 17k for an sx but hes far!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
holler!!!! lol gotta wait a few days, my dealer is an hour away! unless i can use another dealer thats alot closer? idk how this stuff works. the dealer next to me is a rip off artist! trying to charge 22k for an ex model lol paid 17k for an sx but hes far!!!
service is service. I was a sales person and would sell an LX for $40K if some one would pay it. Warranty is warranty!!!! your good!!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Actually the tires themselves are in gray area. I believe they are covered by the manufacturer of the tire - not Kia directly. [a bumper to bumper warranty is not exactly bumper to bumper] If you had purchased the tire/rim hazzard warranty like I did - then they will replace the tire or rim at no cost to you, without question. I blew two tires and got a huge bubble on a third tire and all three were replaced. Now, if you didn't purchase the tire/rim hazzard warranty [and you should have if they offered it], then two things:
A. the dealer might step up to the plate and go to bat for you and get that tire somehow replaced [he might do the phone calls and the leg work] or -
B. the dealer will tell you to contact the tire manufacturer.

If you have to do option B. that is not so bad actually. Upon contacting the tire manufacturer they will send you to a service shop to inspect the tire and if it is defective then they will replace it for you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes if it is actually a tire defect and not a road hazzard issue, simply take the car to a local tire shop who sells that brand of tire and they will cover the defect warranty.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dealer is a dingle berry! I actually want to take it to the dealer closer to me, cause I don't think they've ever seen an sx before. Plus with all the badges removed, they're so stupid I bet they won't even know it's a Kia! lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
Lol, I know when I took mine in for servicing, the people were inconspicuously walking around it. And then this guy trying to impress his girlfriend was like, "yeah, that's a Scion tc."

Some people, man. But yeah, take it to the dealer and be prepared for lots of fights and headaches.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Every new vehicle no matter make model or manufacturer is covered for the first 12,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first... That covers any defects and/or issues with ANY part of the vehicle... Definitely get the tire soon because that is belts seperating in the sidewall and a blow out waiting to happen... No worries.. If you take it to a random tire shop they'll make you pay for a tire because you didn't buy it from them so you will have no warranty on it.. Dealer is the best option...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts