Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking around and cannot seem to find what the max turbo psi for a kia forte gt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to this?
I was browsing briefly (on the VT and elantra forums) and I wasnt able to get a 100% answer. Some say PEAK psi is 18, but on average 10-12 psi.
My '16 EB mustang made PEAK PSI (at WOT on 93 octane) of 21 psi briefly, typically ranged 19.5 -20.5 psi @ WOT.

On colder days it would not go above 15-16 psi.

Apparently the '16 + Si's make up to 20 PSI according to Honda, owners see 17 psi. So I guess 18psi on the 1.6t is not impossible.

I cannot find anything specific for the Forte GT..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you ever get an answer to this?
I was browsing briefly (on the VT and elantra forums) and I wasnt able to get a 100% answer. Some say PEAK psi is 18, but on average 10-12 psi.
My '16 EB mustang made PEAK PSI (at WOT on 93 octane) of 21 psi briefly, typically ranged 19.5 -20.5 psi @ WOT.

On colder days it would not go above 15-16 psi.

Apparently the '16 + Si's make up to 20 PSI according to Honda, owners see 17 psi. So I guess 18psi on the 1.6t is not impossible.

I cannot find anything specific for the Forte GT..
I saw something about it being around 16psi but have only seen it once

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
Usually from what I seen max was like 13 stock. But it could be giving me a bad reading. Rpms are reading right though.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Cerato/Forte GT Hatch
5 Posts
I've run OBD2AA on my GT for 18 months now. The ECU seems to have an 'overboost' function (at least it does here in Australia). In regular use I see 15-16PSI (it varies depending on air temp, density, humidity) as the ECU is chasing its torque targets.

However, on cold nights i've seen it hit 21psi in first and second gear (DCT) under full acceleration when ambient temperature was under 10deg C and the TC turned off. It's only occurred a handful of times - i'm not always flooring it and turning the TC off - but it's the highest i've seen it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts