Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the TK CAI and i took it out the other day just to inspect the filter and everything (basically i was bored lol) and i noticed that a little bit of oil (about 5 to 7 drops worth) was finding its way through the breather tube and into the intake mani.. this isnt that big of a deal is it? I would think that whatever oil makes its way into the chamber would just burn off.

I was considering getting breather filters to eliminate the hose, but the Spectre breather filters wont fit in the tight space

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not a big deal, just makes a dirty intake mani ;)
If you want to add some engine points, adding a oil catch-can would help. The breather filters aren't a bad idea, just not my "cup of tea".

·
Registered
98 Posts
the spectra breather filters fit just fine, you just have to get a little forceful with it. i have a matching blue one to go with my blue filter

·
Registered
733 Posts
the filters fit, just got to use a little force lol
heres some old pics

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh no i know itll fit on the cover, but what about the tube on the intake?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You would plug the little tube on the intake if using a mini filter instead.
Using the TK intake and tube pulls the gases along with a little oil residue that builds up in the top section of the engine and reburn them resulting in less emmisions compared to using a mini filter that exhausts into the engine bay instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.