Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run into a strange rattle noise under the hood?
Sounds like metal on metal, like a loose cat heat shield.
Only happens when it revs over 2500RPMs.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have a strange sqweak.. sometimes it sounds like a rattle at low rpms
today it sqweaked realy bad at about 2,2-- rpms not sure if we are hearing the same thing but for me it has something to do with the pullys for the serptine belt because its a metal pulley rubbing on metal..

I bought some belt dressing and it made it worst at first but now its right back to where it was.
good luck on finding this noise and if you do figure it out please post up your results thxs.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
good luck ForteLx hope you come back with good news and no rattle!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They couldn't fit me in today and I work all week so next Saturday.
Also need to get them to tighten the passenger side mirror, already replaced the drivers side because it wouldn't stop whistling.
Have lots planed for this car but its seems as though its falling apart. :(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
They couldn't fit me in today and I work all week so next Saturday.
Also need to get them to tighten the passenger side mirror, already replaced the drivers side because it wouldn't stop whistling.
Have lots planed for this car but its seems as though its falling apart. :(
*sighs*
I hope you are wrong about that falling apart bit,
as I've lately seen just be glad you dont own a chevy camaro or new dodge they have a huge recall going on for dodge and the camaro makes are problems look like what the are small very small.
I here you thou I too have lots of plans for my koup but I'm not to happy about my sqweak which comes and goes and I know whats going on but my dealer seems to refuse to help me.

Its a big frustration to have these little things go wrong because it makes you second guess your buying choice some. I hope that you dealer takes care of you. and thxs for the update:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its actually a loose heat shield around the exhaust by the first 02 sensor.
They fix it on Saturday.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I dropped my car off tonight with the dealer as well, I have a rattle in the suspension area that seems to travel to the instrument cluster...very annoying indeed. Also this car is too noisy inside on highway driving...the interior noise level really is unacceptable for a modern car. My 1994 Miata makes less interior noise and has less rattles. Great design visually but it needs more soundproofing all around.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Its actually a loose heat shield around the exhaust by the first 02 sensor.
They fix it on Saturday.
hmm heat shield..
guess thats a easy fix.. cool thxs for the update.:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pipe finally came in and they replaced it today. :)
They just put a SXR kit on a Koup today, looks bad ass.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mines really quiet because of the undercoat.
Maybe mine has some sort of undercoat on it. I wasn't charged for any undercoat, but the dealer could've possibly installed it while my car was a demonstrator model on their lot and written off the cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts