Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oh I love it. . . .Just a little worried about the "Stetch" What size wheel spacers did you use? That stance is so sick.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Reminds me too much of those civics running around with their wheels sticking out.
I like the wide tire look but not sticking past the wheel wells. Seen one VW GTI with very wide tires and they must have tubbed out the trunk to fit it in the wells. Looked awesome.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks funny. If you are trying to "stance" out your Forte, you have to get much wider rims. At LEAST 17 or 18x8. I would say even go with 9 inch wheels.

I see what you're trying to do. But I think it looks funny with thin rims IMO

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
stretching sidewalls out is a popular foreign past time.....I am not a fan

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks funny. If you are trying to "stance" out your Forte, you have to get much wider rims. At LEAST 17 or 18x8. I would say even go with 9 inch wheels.

I see what you're trying to do. But I think it looks funny with thin rims IMO
they are 17x9 205/40/17

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
IMHO the car has been ruined. It's just not my style at all. I've always hated the stretched, slammed, or camber look. I fail to see how any respectable human being could do that to a car. The first time I saw stretched tires I thought the owner had upgraded to wider wheels but ran out of money for wider tires. Trashy and cheap.
And like I said, this is just my opinion. No flame wars please.</rant>

BUT... if you like it, that's all that matters. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. Don't let anybody tell you what looks good and what doesn't. Especially not me! :rolleyes:

Also, what kind of muffler is that? Or did you just put a tip on it?
If you decide to do anything to your exhaust, make sure you make a cutout in the diffuser, or get an SX diffuser. I think it looks silly having a tip sticking out from under it :p

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMHO the car has been ruined. It's just not my style at all. I've always hated the stretched, slammed, or camber look. I fail to see how any respectable human being could do that to a car. The first time I saw stretched tires I thought the owner had upgraded to wider wheels but ran out of money for wider tires. Trashy and cheap.
And like I said, this is just my opinion. No flame wars please.</rant>

BUT... if you like it, that's all that matters. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. Don't let anybody tell you what looks good and what doesn't. Especially not me! :rolleyes:

Also, what kind of muffler is that? Or did you just put a tip on it?
If you decide to do anything to your exhaust, make sure you make a cutout in the diffuser, or get an SX diffuser. I think it looks silly having a tip sticking out from under it :p
Yea no wars this is a forum, its for people give there input on the work you have done, and i respect yours but just a fun fact it cost more to stretch a tire then it does to just put a regular tire.

i personally love the stretch look with the camber and slammed just all has to be right

To talk about the exhaust i feel you man, you don't understand how dumb it looks :( its a 2 1/5 straight pipe with a magnaflow box not just a tip and it sounds amazing i am in the process of getting the sx diffuser

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Yea no wars this is a forum, its for people give there input on the work you have done, and i respect yours but just a fun fact it cost more to stretch a tire then it does to just put a regular tire.

i personally love the stretch look with the camber and slammed just all has to be right

To talk about the exhaust i feel you man, you don't understand how dumb it looks :( its a 2 1/5 straight pipe with a magnaflow box not just a tip and it sounds amazing i am in the process of getting the sx diffuser
Really? Huh, you learn something new everyday. I kind of figured it'd be really difficult to get them on there!

Yeah, I got a cat back, so I had to either cut off some plastic, or buy a new diffuser. I ended up buying one so it would look cleaner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really? Huh, you learn something new everyday. I kind of figured it'd be really difficult to get them on there!

Yeah, I got a cat back, so I had to either cut off some plastic, or buy a new diffuser. I ended up buying one so it would look cleaner.
you dont understand how many shops i went to and asked and they said either yea we can try meaning yea they will do it and scratch your rim in the process or just said no your crazy lol

btw how much did you end up paying for the diffuser?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like it. Was wondering what stretched tires would look like on the Fortes.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
oo im slow at times the 60 has the hole so it shows right ? and the 40 does not ?

Correct. It's saying its for the Forte w/ Chrome exhaust meaning it has the cutout for it. The other one is the same as you have now.

On another note others have just cut the thing themselves and it looks pretty good as well.

·
Registered
695 Posts
not my style but like others have mentioned its your ride.

I do like the new idea though, I think its been awhile since someone was has done some dramatic visual modifications to these cars.

+5 on being diffrent

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I like the idea of it. The look just needs some tweaking. I know you're looking for coilovers to lower it, I think it'll look sick when it gets lowered about 2".

I saw the other thread. It's kinda weird that the wheels look so small even tho it's 17x9. Sure you got 205/40 rubber but it shouldn't look that tiny in the wheel wells. The stock SX runs 215/45. I guess that's about what .75inches in side wall?

Are you set on the wheels? Or are you gonna go wider and bigger? I'm thinking a 18x9.5 if you can't get coil overs and a slight change to the offset, so you can get a wider and lower looking stance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the idea of it. The look just needs some tweaking. I know you're looking for coilovers to lower it, I think it'll look sick when it gets lowered about 2".

I saw the other thread. It's kinda weird that the wheels look so small even tho it's 17x9. Sure you got 205/40 rubber but it shouldn't look that tiny in the wheel wells. The stock SX runs 215/45. I guess that's about what .75inches in side wall?

Are you set on the wheels? Or are you gonna go wider and bigger? I'm thinking a 18x9.5 if you can't get coil overs and a slight change to the offset, so you can get a wider and lower looking stance.
No I'm not set on wheels or will I ever I think these are just the beginning ones to see how far I can push it after my stance is right then ill start just wheel hopping

1 - 20 of 24 Posts