Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar: KFX Performance

I think your better off with this one cause it's in one piece. I bought one from Kspec, very similar with the one in your link. It looks good but it's only for show. I was too anxious to buy it, it was the first mod that I saw for the Forte :p
The big question is: Is it worth the $$$$ as far as handling is concern???

I've put one on my old 98 Talon TSI and didn't notice any change (in fact I put a rear AND front)

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I'm pretty sure strut tower bars have very minimal gains. Unless you are doing some rally or road racing with lots of cornering you won't notice the change besides the cool look under the hood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think that if you had a three part strut bar it would do very little but show , i have the same bar on my old spectra and you do feel some diffrence but you do have to drive autocross to realy get the benifit out of the strut bar

·
Registered
24 Posts
I won't be doing any rally racing or autocross thats for sure!!

Maybe I'll save my money for now if its just really for the looks when you pop the hood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bar will help the car , but you would have to drive pretty hard to feel it work .
if your just going to and from work and round town . it would look nice under the hood .. :)
best thing you can do is the get the rear sway bar , these realy make a diffrence out of the box . On all of my cars this is the first mod i do .:D

I won't be doing any rally racing or autocross thats for sure!!

Maybe I'll save my money for now if its just really for the looks when you pop the hood.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm, will need to think more about it before I pull the trigger on the purchase. Thanks for all the info guys!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the website. I have just ordered the Rear Strut Bar; Front Lower Bar; Rear Anti-Roll/Rear Sway/Rear Stability Bar. and purchased the Front Strut Tower. I'm hopeing that I will see a drastic differance in handling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the website. I have just ordered the Rear Strut Bar; Front Lower Bar; Rear Anti-Roll/Rear Sway/Rear Stability Bar. and purchased the Front Strut Tower. I'm hopeing that I will see a drastic differance in handling.
What kind of car do do you have, the 2.4 liter? I'm still wondering if those will fit my 2.4 liter without any modifications.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 2.0 EX. How ever my car has already been modified to the SX version. The only difference is the motor and wheels at this point. I will try and post some pics.. I am also in the middle of converting all the black plastic in the car to carbon fiber. i'll post pics up later for that too.

·
Administrator
1,198 Posts
You should. I have noticed on every car I have done this too. No matter how stiff a car feels laterally, it can always use help.

Nadeem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts