Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pfft...i can't wait until we get a decent snow fall here. There were times where i had to enter my car on the passenger side because there was a drift 10 feet high and 2-3 feet wide blocking my drivers door. I love cape breton winters.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Are you blaming it on snow tires or laziness in not cleaning your driveway? :rolleyes:
I think thats why many get 4x4 trucks, so they don't have to shovel.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha no I live on a main road and the street wasnt plowed well. I didnt want to leave my car in the street to get hit so i risked it. I as well got stuck again today on the street for about 2 hrs. I dont have snow tires. I live in Buffalo we are getting hammered right now. so far we have a good 3 feet and its still coming. tracker trailers are stuck on the I-90 behind my house. This is all too crazy!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yea I heard Buffalo was getting hit....Good luck...not looking forward to that...We were supposed to get 4-6 but luckily it stayed over the lake....Was actually looking at tires today...It's coming down to the Hankook Ipike or the General Altimax Arctics...Need help in deciding the winner!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was talking to the guy at my work and he said hankook ipike were good. i dont know what im going to do.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Lived in Vegas 14 years ago and the only snow I saw was up in the mountains and that was my option to be in it...Didn't miss it one bit!

Just waiting for 2021...That's when the boy turns 18 and then me and wifey are off to S.C.!!! Just sayin!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can always get that tire sock thing that gives traction in rare times you need it. Sounds like it's just your drive way you are needing it.
It will give you traction on ice, but it will not be better than all-season tire in snow... maybe it'll be worst.

In the snow, u need to move away that white s#it from under the car... thats what snow tire does. The 'sock' will not really grip to snow and move it away.

If it's occasionnaly, better to have the cheapest long lasting winter tires than all-seasons ones.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If winter in Buffalo keeps up like this my car will be done for, but it seems to be backing off now. But like HerAlterEgo said the first few snowflakes were good and all up until they ganged up on us all.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yea I heard Buffalo was getting hit....Good luck...not looking forward to that...We were supposed to get 4-6 but luckily it stayed over the lake....Was actually looking at tires today...It's coming down to the Hankook Ipike or the General Altimax Arctics...Need help in deciding the winner!
Go with the Altimax Arctics. Consumer Reports rated them second only to Michelin X-Ice X2 (?) which cost almost twice as much. Put them on my wife's Elantra and they worked so well we hardly got any snow last winter here in Toronto. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts