Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By experience what is the best brand for subs and amps... and what size of sub or subs should i get.... I dont want like the loudest base but i miss the Boston G1 i had in my neon... but i sold it with my car so i wanna by a new one... Im thinking two 10s instead of one 12.... whats your opinions?

·
Registered
407 Posts
WOW, such a broad question, IMO JLW2's are the best bang for your buck, they sound awesome for the price. Alpine type R's SLAM HARD but need a TON of power.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Punchy bass (rock and such) 10"s
Rumbling bass (hip hop) 12"s

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see i listen to everything... when i got my g/f with me country is on. But then i listen to rock and hip hop... so i dont know but i think im gonna go with 10s this time... what size of amp would i need for two 10s

·
Registered
407 Posts
Depends on the Sub, read the RMS power Handling, get an Amp around the same, it really depends on the sub, Single/Dual voice coil, how many OHMs each coil is, how they are wired, most common is 4ohm single coil 2 subs wired together = 2 ohm load on the amp, so you need an amp thats atable at 2ohms. 4 ohm dual voice coil is a different monster all together. It all depends on the subs on which amp you need.

Go see an installer!

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats really helpful dude, great contribution to the thread.

@blackwatch: would a 12 sound bad with rock? why is a 12 better for hip hop than a ten?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Remember this is my opinion, i feel that 10s are better for rock because its tighter bass, I find that they "punch" more than 12s. 12 inch subs are not as tight as 10s. there is nothing wrong with using 12s for rock, I am not saying 12s will sound like crap with Rock, but they wont hit you as hard as 10s will. Hip Hop and stuff like it have more "rumbling" bass than rock does.

Just my opinion, other people might tell you different. but it makes sense to ME. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
it doesnt matter what you have, whether its 2 tens or 2 12's. i have

im my Mazda, i had a Kenwood 1800 watt (model KAC-9105D), two Kenwood 12" subs (model KFC-W3012) 4 Kenwood 6" x 9" on all four doors (model KFC-6993PS) and The deck was also a Kenwood (model MP345U)

it really depends how its installed on your car, who installs it, and the control options you have with the AMP.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm simple, I listen to Hip-hop and rock. I don't want to spend a ton of cash, and I don't want to blow out my ear drums. I just want a little thump and I don't want to lose a lot of trunk space. I'm thinking an 8" powered bazooka tube (or 8" bazooka and amp) or the MTX X Thunderlink. Anyone have a recommendation either way, or Amp recommendation if I get the unpowered Bazooka.Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never run an aftermarket system, but I have a friend who had one of the best systems I've ever listened to in his Volvo. I don't remember the size of his amp, but he listened to everything, and had two 12" subs.

Also, does anybody recommend a capacitor? It is my understanding that having a successful stereo system requires one. However, I could be wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts