Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm coming to the end of the modifications I've planned on installing on my '10 EX Koup and thought I'd share with you all what I've done so far. Any input is great, good or bad, and maybe some opinions on where my ride will go in the future. Just know that I don't plan on doing any performance modifications because I'm waiting for an OEM turbo.

I wish I looked at it as a build from the very beginning so I could take and organize good photos but my plan of just a few mods turned into an obsession thanks to this forum and all of you wonderful people. ;)

I'll post up pics of the after shots and I'll do my best to post pics of the before and install pics if I have them. So anyway, here's my baby when she was bone stock...

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I first bought the car, I didn't really have much planned for it. But once I saw this picture of a sedan on the internet everything changed. I don't like everything about it like the tinted headlights but this is what I use for a reference on where I want to eventually be.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The very first thing I did was tint the windows. My dealer wouldn't go as dark as I wanted but he sent me to a place in Portland called Audio FX. I got 15% all around for $150. I've been pulled over once for the tints but luckily I knew the cop who didn't know what kind of car I drove. He said he would of for sure given me a ticket had it been a stranger so I decided I better make it legal. I went to my optometrist the next day and got a letter saying I have light sensitivity and that I need the dark tints on my car. :p

Here's before:

Here's after:

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next few things I did was debadge the "Forte" and "Koup" and replaced the Kia emblems with the broken "K" emblems. Because of the broken "K" emblems I had a few different people ask me what kind of Lexus my car was. I didn't like that so I eventually switched to Koup emblems.

Here's the Koup emblems with some red pinstriping around the grille (I have to of course thank Fas for that idea):

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next I picked up a DDM Tuning HID kit with 5000k bulbs. I also got some LED bulbs for the license plate that match the headlight bulbs nicely:

Stock:

HID Kit:

License plate bulbs (stock is left and LED's are right):

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'll continue to post pictures of everything that's been installed later but for now here's a list of (I think) everything I've done so far with prices that reflect how much the item was, shipping (if applicable), and labor (if applicable):

- 18x8 Motegi MR116 wheels. (23.4 lbs. each) ($858.00)
- 215/40R18 Toyo Proxes T1R tires. ($370.00)
- Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. ($470.00)
- 15% window tint. ($150.00)
- DDM Tuning 5000k low beams HID kit. ($35.00)
- VG shark fin antenna. ($81.00)
- Front and rear "Koup" emblems. ($44.00)
- Front, rear, and steering wheel "K" emblems. ($55.00)
- Spray tinted side mirror markers. ($13.00)
- Red pin striping on grill. ($4.00)
- LED license plate bulbs. ($3.00)
- Two-way switchback LED parking lights. ($46.94)
- Audi style LED headlight strips. ($26.95)
- SX fog lights. ($144.98)
- SX upper grille. ($72.98)
- SX lower grille. ($80.98)
- Black (EB) 2011 LED side mirrors. ($52.98)
- Black MGP caliper covers. ($179.00)
- Hella Supertones horns. ($80.00)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
didnt you just put 6000k's in your car....i love working on you car it is nice and easy
You are correct sir. I put 6000k bulbs in thinking they would be a little bit more blue to match the switchbacks I have but they actually ended up being a bit more pure white. :confused: Oh well.

Oh and BTW, it's about time you started posting!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i would say 5000k would match more than a 8000k... i had 8000k at one point and it was blue...

subtlestyle, your ex is looking amazing! a lot of hard work put into your car, man. i love your motegi's!!!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you need 8000k's they will match that is what i have and my match
They're close enough, I'm not too worried about it.

$470 for the eibachs???? Was that with the install??
Yeah it included the install and also an alignment. I don't have the necessary tools and I don't have the time between full time at work, full time at school, and a full time girlfriend. :D

subtlestyle, your ex is looking amazing! a lot of hard work put into your car, man. i love your motegi's!!!
Thanks bro. You got a sick looking ride and haven't even got wheels yet. Have you decided on a set yet?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sweet Ride so far.

You say your holding off performance mods for the Turbo. Why not spruce up the suspension with some Strut bars front and rear and sway bars too, You'll want em when you get teh turbo anyways. I just installed a front strut bar and the difference is amazing. Cant wait to add the others soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice koup man! Everything looks sick! Question: u said u spray tinted your turn signals on the mirrors? How so? Did u have to take them apart? I'm trying to do it without taking them apart cuz I've heard it's a bitch. Koups looking fkn sick tho bro! Can't wait for my wheels to come in so I can show them off like your nice Motegi's!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Next on the mod list was the one that gets noticed the most, the wheels and lowering springs! The wheels are a 18x8 Motegi MR116 and the springs of course are the Eibach Pro-Kit. I really wanted a set of black classic five spoke wheels but the closest style I could find that I wanted had a red lip around them.

I wanted to get a set of decent tires for the wheels and came across a set of Toyo Proxes T1R's on eBay for $370. I was hesitant to purchase thinking it was probably some type of scam. I took a chance and found out they were so cheap because they were three years old but not used. Happy I took the gamble because retail a set of T1R's will run anywhere from $750 to $900.

To this day I'm still not sure I completely like the red lip. One day I might eventually just have it painted black, take the red pinstriping off the grille and go with a black billet grille. What do you guys think? Anyway here's the pics...

Stock springs:

Eibach springs:

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They may look nice, but they're so heavy they'd slow down even a Ferrari!
Correct, they are super heavy which I somewhat regret. They have a good clean look to them which I like but for anyone that is leaning towards the performance side, you might want to keep shopping a bit. I'm already considering buying some new wheels soon. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.