Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have read a heap on this forum but i cant figure out my answer.

I have a stock 2010 head unit in my cerato koup and i understand i have to connect the subwoofer to the back speakers but does this mean that ill have to keep the bass up on the speakers for the sub to actually work, or would i be able to separately control it even though its running on the same line as the rear speakers ?

thnx all and would really appreciate the help.

(Installing 2 12" Sony Explodes )

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you want to be able to control the bass exactly then you will need a bass control knob. However, the way I set mine up is that my stock head unit can stay at bass:0 and it still pounds. You just have to turn the gain on the amp up. The quietest my sub will go makes bass:-10 sound like Bass:+10 so I can control my bass anywhere from sound enhancing to "HOLY FREAKING CRAP!" I rarely use the powerbass option cause thats rediculous. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooh ok sweet thanks a heap for that guys.

i was just so confused because when i asked the man at autobarn audio he told me that if i wanted to connect my sub to the back speakers i would pretty much lose my back speakers and only have subs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amp power cable

Hey I have not really looked that hard yet but im just wondering where everyone was having success running their amp wire. I am trying to put an amp in my sedan.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you look in the engine bay just to the left of the brake master cylinder and down there is a small metal plate bolted to the firewall with two 10mm bolts. Remove the bolts, drill a hole the size of the power wire in the plate, poke a hole in the rubber seal, remount the plate and start feeding wire through to a friend on the otherwise of the firewall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.