Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start with saying hello to everyone!!! I have found this forum to be a wealth of information and I've only been here 2 days.....As a proud owner of a '11 Koup silver I have a question.

I've built an enclosure (sealed) for my 3 10w7's and it sounds remarkable with or without my Epicenter but when the rear seats are up(closed) performance is greatly reduced. Has anyone "ported" their rear package shelf in this vehicle? Any improvements? With the trunk and package shelf being sealed we are effectively creating a bandpass enclosure with no output for the bass. My idea was to either create two 6 inch openings in the shelf to utilize the 6db gain by the subs firing into a "corner". Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies. The 10w7's are in a sealed enclosure 3 across....similar to the stealth box JL makes for the Camaro. The box has a 1inch mdf mounting face with the rest being 3/4 mdf and heavily braced internally. The rear of the box is angled to match the back seat. I used foam inside the box to minimize standing waves so i don't think that's the issue...With the back seats down it sounds wonderful but with the seats up it suffers a bit. Oh trust me it sounded even worse before I used two layers of dynamat on the rear shelf. I think I'm just gonna have to deal with it because I really don't want to keep the backseats down. Again thanks for all the help though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.