Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one thing i've noticed on a lot of pictures that y;all have posted of your rides-
no one seems to have added a sunroof deflector.

i've been enjoying the first AC in my car in like 2 years - last car- AC died- then both windows stopped working- that help hasten me to the car market lol - so i have yet to drive w/the sunroof open so i have no idea how much buffetting you get.
so does it really ride so nicely (due to the glass sliding up over the roof)
that a deflector is not necessary? or have y'all not done it as to not mess up the smooth lines that the car has?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
The faster you drive with the sunroof open the more buffeting you hear. I had a sunroof deflector on my PT, it helped and looked good. But it also covers part of the opening thus making the sunroof opening a little smaller.
From what i see in pics, the deflector for the Koup sits up high and IMO doesn't look good on the car.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,174 Posts
^^^ I agree, the pictures of the sunroof deflector I've seen makes them look too large...IMO doesn't look good.

...and the buffeting is too much on the Koup...sedan does not have the same issue -- the glass goes inside when open all the way -- not up like the Koup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts