Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My owners manual says the sunroof should be able to close with a single touch forward two (2) clicks. Neither I or the dealer techy could get this to work. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine take one touch to close the sunroof. Don't have to release the button, I just hold it t'ill is off. Don't know if it's make any difference but mine is a canadian model. I know there's some difference between US and canadian like mine doesn't have the halo ring on speakers and the start engine button :( hehe

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Forte is a Canadian SX sedan and it does the one touch open and one touch close.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My owners manual says the sunroof should be able to close with a single touch forward two (2) clicks. Neither I or the dealer techy could get this to work. Anyone else have this problem?
My won't one tough close either. Strange. Maybe it's a Canadian thing...

Glad to see another Maryland'er on here!! I'm just an hour north of you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ditto on the Non-existent "One Touch" close... I do have the one touch open though...

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I also read the "one touch to open/close" section in my manual...but it doesn't work. 1 touch open works, but doesn't close unless I hold the switch. I am going to mention it on my next dealer visit.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Cannuck SX Koup - one touch open but not close.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cannuck SX - one touch open and one touch close. but i have another question... i read in the manual that apparently the sunroof will stop closing if something is in the way... i tried it with my hand and didn't work very well :S

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have little girly arms? Kidding Maybe it needs to be stopped on what ever is blocking it for a second or 2. Did you get a dead stop out of the sunroof when you tried to jam it? I will test mine tomorrow

·
Registered
109 Posts
its strange... maybe the first gen's have the one touch close and the second gen's don't.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
OK..did a full test on my sunroof today, here are the results.

Popping up the sunroof by pushing the button straight up - you have to hold the button until it's all the way up.

Closing it down again, pushing the button forward - again, you have to hold it until the roof is completely down.

Opening the roof rearward by pulling the button briefly towards the rear - the roof opens up almost all the way, stopping about 2 inches from the end. At this point the deflector hasn't deployed. Pull it towards the rear again and it opens all the way and pops up the deflector.

Closing the roof by briefly pressing the button forward - the roof closes completely on it's own.

This is on a Canadian SX Sedan.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts