Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting a sunshade for my Koup since I got it but couldn't see paying the price Kia wanted for theirs. I THOUGHT it was way over priced until I stated looking around for custom made car sunshades. Wow they can be expensive. Anyway I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one to protect my interior. It was only $54 to include shipping and that is way less than a new dash or dealing with faded seats. Anyone else have a custom fit, or the Kia sunshade?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ya they are abit pricey these days. Never will forget the good old days back in the 80's and 90's when they first came out. One size fits all piece of cardboard with sunglasses printed on it. 10 bucks.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
I have the Kia sunshield for both of my Fortes:

Pros:
Perfect fit, Covers the entire windshield area
Insulated, helps keep the temp down when parked in the sunlight

Cons:
Cost
Bulky, takes up space when stored in the car.

IMO better than a cheap aftermarket fit-all. Personal choice...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
one thing about the koup i had no idea - the windshield is humongus-
when i bought my koup- i took the old foam and silver coated accordian blocker from my old grand am.........damn thing was too short from bottom to top to cover the windshield - it barely came up to the visors- so i buy a "larger" one from walmart- super insulated and the thing is too short also- so i have two i use at same time
put the super insulated on in- then back it up w/the crappy older one to get up behind the visors (got limo tint strip x the top of the windshield)
ah- so much better- but what a hassle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts