Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm gonna install an aftermarket stereo in my car soon. I figured I might as well share it with you guys. I'm gonna install the new Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD. Here we go!

1/25 - Today my uncle and I figured we might as well take out the AC vents and the dash to get ready for the installation. After looking through numerous threads, everyone said to make an AC vent removal tool thingy out of a clothes hanger. We made one and tried to use it but nothing. We pulled as hard as we could and still nothing not even a budge. Being frustrated, I called the local dealership and see if they could remove it. They said that it would cost me $80 for them to remove it. $80!! freaking A. I said screw that and went back to trying to remove it with the hanger. After awhile we just said eff it and pried the AC vents off. It worked. It was a lot easier than using that stupid clothes hanger. Took us like 5 minutes to remove the first one then 2 minutes for the second. So yeah. Make sure to tape whatever you are using to pry it out with so it doesn't mess up your dash.

Video 1 - Prying out the AC vent.

Video 2 - Advice if you are going to remove the vents using the hanger.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Nice video cant wait too see the final product.

·
Registered
103 Posts
did it the same way myself, coathanger method failed for me too,but on a more positive note they are easy to get out the second time around:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
are u still using the features of the car with that model? bcuz i have the pioneer 4200 on target...but i dont know about that one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have the stereo in but I'm waiting for my antenna adapter to get here. It's kinda lame how we have like 4 car stereo shops here but they don't carry the adapter. -.-

cyberalex57 - What do you mean? like steering wheel control? Yeah I am. I have the metra axxess SWC to use my steering wheel stuff. Only thing I can't use is push to talk, hang up, and pick up. I don't realy care since I don't use blue-tooth in my car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ok..thanks, thats the one i order too...i want this model bcuz it is all red and matches the dash..thanks again

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh the pioneer has color change buttons. you can set it to any color u want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i removed the air vents and the 4 screws behind them. but it feels like i'm going to break the fascia plate by pulling too hard, am i missing something?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
OP hasn't been on in awhile, don't expect a response.
Last Activity: 04-24-2011 05:32 PM

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i did go there, and i did everything it said to do... removed air vents then removed those 4 screws... still feels like it won't come out feels like theres something else keeping it in
There are about 5 pins that you must disengage. The two at the top and the three at the bottom. The ones at the top are probably holding in the fascia

·
Registered
12 Posts
okay i opened it all back up and i'm trying to find the pins, where are they located? i see 2 below the fascia completely but the others are a mystery lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.