Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I hate how Hy/Ki like to make the rear fenders 1/2"-3/4" shorter stock when the car is level. MY Elantra was the same way, makes it look like the dog dragging it's ass across the carpet. Techincally it's "ass-high", but visually it looks right.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Nice! Glad you finally got them. I can't wait to hear how they perform on the auto-x course.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Still waiting on the tophats. 3-4 weeks has now turned into 10+ and I will be lucky if I get them in by Nationals. What a crock of crap.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Problem with that is getting decent spring rates for the rears. Fronts, no prob as you can find just about any 2.5" spring rate. The oddball divorced spring from shock with two different diameters in the rear made it extremely difficult. That's why when I found someone doing custom spring rates on complete coilovers I jumped at them!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ksport is Japanese. The shocks are supposed to be valved to handle the much stiffer spring rates. I'm running 10k/12k (~550 front, 675lbin rear).

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just read online that Ksport coilovers are Taiwan, but are TUV/ISO certified.

Bob, just trying to figure out who they are & quality of components. :)

Have you used Ksport in the past with your Elantra?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I was actually leary of Ksports. Every old ksport kit I'd seen to date were absolute junk. A lot of XD people used the GK coilovers on their sedans and they fell apart inside of 2 years. Struts blown, adjusters siezed, pillowballs falling aparts etc. I think I helped remove 3 sets of them.

They have since changed production and have a decent rep now adays. It was worth it to give them a shot.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The ones that came in my kit were all metal to allow camber adjustment.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Yep. I hated the rear shocks because they just couldn't control the higher spring rates. These are DEFINITELY going to fix that.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Where did my post go?

Huh... any way... I had the K-sport supplied rears, but the were useless at anything other than "full stiff". This will change that. This should make the suspension complete for next season.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
No Idea about the post, probably related to whatever was done to your account. Maybe you can get that KDM to pull out a win.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Bobzilla...
You might be able to offer the advice I'm looking for with your "tinkering" with rear suspension.
I don't want to alter the height or spring rates, but on my daily run to and from work I travel over some serious bumps in the road that set the rear into a harmonic bounce. I don't bottom out, but it's awfully annoying. Additionally, I took a run down the coast last week to visit relatives for Christmas.
4 full size adults, a dog, and two hamsters along with a FULL trunk. The rear sat lower (as expected) but there was no way possible to count the number of times the rear bottomed out.
I seriously need to up the dampening. It seems that Kia dropped the ball when they decided what shocks to install from the factory.
So... to stop the road humping during normal use, which shocks would you suggest?

I don't do full-load trips often and keep the trunk as empty as possible normally.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts