Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I was looking at the valve cover from a gencoupe BK1 2.0L and It seems like the valve covers are interchangeable with the 1st gen Forte 2.0L as the position of the bolts are identical and so they should fit right to the engine block.

Would there be any issues with swapping a Kia Forte valve cover with a gencoupe's?

The main reason for the swap would simply be for aesthetic purposes. For reference, the first image shows the valve cover from a Kia Forte 2.0L while the second image shows one from a gencoupe 2.0L.

Rectangle Font Auto part Machine Metal

Rectangle Font Auto part Metal Event

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,556 Posts
I don't know anyone who's done this.

Looking closely at the 2 valve covers it looks like the ends don't match (but that could be due to picture angles), besides that there are a number of bolt hole differences:

Font Auto part Machine Gas Metal

Have you checked to see if they use the same gasket? If they use the same gasket that would be an indication it might fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, I never thought of checking the gaskets.

I just checked, they do in fact use the same gasket for both the gencoupe and Forte 2.0/2.4L :D!

Besides re-routing the pcv and breather lines, it seems like it should fit right in.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,556 Posts
Let us know the outcome. You'll probably have to fabricate a few connections because of the accessory mount bolt holes differences, and the oil cap change.

·
Registered
2022 gt2
789 Posts
I don’t even have the 2.0 and I’m curious... a gasket from the new cover will tell you a lot...

Reactions: mobileterminaluser
1 - 6 of 6 Posts