Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I need your opinions. I picked up a set of switchbacks yesterday but compared to the stock lights, I think they're too blue. They might be fine once I install some different lights (I have some 5000k H11s ready to go.. just waiting for my pigtails to show up in the mail). For now, I went back to my regular amber LEDs. The switchback look really nice, and the quality is really good. But I think when put next to the stock lights, they just look too blue. Tell me what you think:

Switch backs in running mode:

In signal mode (they're type 2, so they flash amber, then off):

My original LEDs (back in for now).. these pics are from my koup lights, I changed to sedan lights at the moment (as you can see above):

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Trust me this mod of switchbacks has lead to many more mods of adding hid lights. LOL. Since day 1 I think everyone knew there would be a difference. My question to you is your switchbacks 6k or 5k?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me this mod of switchbacks has lead to many more mods of adding hid lights. LOL. Since day 1 I think everyone knew there would be a difference. My question to you is your switchbacks 6k or 5k?

LOL! I know.. now I'm in more of a hurry to get my other bulbs in than ever! I got them from extremebrightleds.com (because they're local for me), but they didn't list the colour temperature. I have a feeling they're 6K. I eventually plan on doing the projector retrofit, and it probably won't be as noticable then. But for now, they're sitting on my desk. At least until I get my 5Ks in.. I'll let you guys know how it looks with the 5k bulbs..

·
Registered
288 Posts
They are still going to look blue with 5,000k. I have 6,000k HIDs and even though my switchbacks say they are 6,000k they still seem a tad bluer.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I totally like the 'blueish' !

At some point I NEED to do the same :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the switchbacks from diodedynamics (6000k) along with 6000k hid lows and 8000k hid fogs, perfect match:

Actually that does look really good!
I put in my "5000k" H11s today (they're just H11 bulbs with blue coating), and next to the switchbacks, it still doesn't seem as blue. But it does look better.

Just like FEARtheFOX said, this might lead to many more mods... Either that or I stay with my all-amber LEDs and sell my switchbacks.

Thanks for the posting the pic though... at least I know what I need to do to get them totally matched up.

The one thing I really need to do is get some cooler-white fogs..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts