Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. I have a 2019 kia forte and wanting to switch everything to a bright white LED (headlights, tail lights, turn signals ect...) wanting to know has anyone else done this and what brand did you use? Also ive seen stuff online about “conversion” kits. Would I need one or just the plug and play leds? Any info is a great help. Thank you

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don’t have any experience with changing out a forte however. I have been using www.vleds.com for years and always quality leds. I am looking to do the same for my 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a video on youtube where someone has changed the fogs/drls to LEDs but he gets an error message.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am trying the same with my 2020 model and i am facing some issue regarding head light low and high beam
The issue is the led bulb 9005 on my low beam is quite big to close or to the bulb itself to move inside (adjusting the level don't work with the led bulb installed) which make me look for smaller form factor currently i am waiting a pair of new led once they reach i will update here with the results
For the high beam the problem is different h7 the original bulb is installed in an adapter which doesn't fit with the led one which requires an additional adapter for the led which will arrive in a few days as well
I cannot be sure that the led bulb will fit with the adapter inside the housing with lid closed or not till i try it first so i will update with news once i install it for the remaining light just ask me which one you want and i will try to help you
But i have a question regarding license plate light bulbs is any one know how to get out
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I replaced all my lighting to LEDs. Shoot me a message & I can run you thru it
I know it may be work for you but would you care to put a quick guide together? If not I get it’s extra work. Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Y
I know it may be work for you but would you care to put a quick guide together? If not I get it’s extra work. Thank you!

Yeah I might be able to put a guide together. Not sure if Admins have approved it but we’ve been asking for a 2019+ Section. I’d love to have these stickied for people to find

·
Registered
59 Posts
Y

Yeah I might be able to put a guide together. Not sure if Admins have approved it but we’ve been asking for a 2019+ Section. I’d love to have these stickied for people to find
That would be awesome!

By any chance have you used any bulbs from Vleds.com?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Please send the link for me i would appreciate it very much
Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Please send the link for me i would appreciate it very much
Thanks

Here ya go

2019 Forte S bulb Sizes

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well i have installed low beam which was 9005 successfully after trying 2 different bulbs 1st one was too long to fit and to close the second one fits without any issue despite the left side was painful to install because the location of Stupid fuse box but it works well see the photo
And installed all of the following front driver and passenger light (t10) with rear light (31mm led)
Trun light (31mm led) license plate light (t10)
All the mentioned before no problem
Now for turning light front installed no issue (7507) but the rear housing is very small to fit the bulb check second photo which is painful as well i will try another option and update accordingly remaining
For the high beam h7 its not possible to install led for me the adapter that kia use for bulb fix make it impossible to fix any led i have also tried ordering an adapter to solve this issue but the adapter didn't fit the led bulb which is another challenge so please any one know what should I do to change the high beam to led let me know and i will do research as well thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just recently put 360 degree leds into my low beams. Super happy, but I had to add anti flicker capacitor to eliminate flickering when engine was running.
Forte 2016

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quick question. Are the 2019 fortes and 2020 rear tail light interchangeable? I have a 2020 with regular bulbs. I found a set from a 2019 S model all LED. Are they just plug and play?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quick question. Are the 2019 fortes and 2020 rear tail light interchangeable? I have a 2020 with regular bulbs. I found a set from a 2019 S model all LED. Are they just plug and play?

I believe that tail light in 2020 are led if not maybe different trim from country to another it will be compatible but its easy to find out which bulb is in the tail light. There is cover near to tail light just remove it to check the bulb size usually it will be written on the bulb to remove it just turn the bulb with base connection counter clock wise half turn and it will come out for the installation its reverse procedure take a photo and let me know

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe that tail light in 2020 are led if not maybe different trim from country to another it will be compatible but its easy to find out which bulb is in the tail light. There is cover near to tail light just remove it to check the bulb size usually it will be written on the bulb to remove it just turn the bulb with base connection counter clock wise half turn and it will come out for the installation its reverse procedure take a photo and let me know

I appreciate your time and response. My tail light are regular bulbs. I mean the entire tail light assembly. I want the ones that has the LEDs built in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only way to get the led tail is to buy from your local agancy or certified parts dealrship cuz its only come from kia so far i didnt see any after market yet

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only way to get the led tail is to buy from your local agancy or certified parts dealrship cuz its only come from kia so far i didnt see any after market yet

If I buy them there is no modification? Just plug them in ?
That pic is of a totaled 2019 in a junk yard the back of the car works the front is smashed.

This is my car it’s a 2020

1 - 20 of 54 Posts